255/55 x18's

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to fill my rear wheel wells better, so I got a pair of Federal ss595 255/55 x18's. I had Federal ss595 255/45 x18's all around and the rears just looked too short. The rear wheel well is now filled. Picture isn't that great, but the 28.5" tall tire is also 1/2" wider than the 255/45's, so it just worked. If anyone wants to keep things reasonable on stock rims, these are inexpensive and worth your while.

Last edited:

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Funny, I couldn't say. I actually broke my left ankle the day after I put these on, so my clutch-driving days are over for a couple of months! I have a tuned 4.0 and it one-wheel smoked the old tire on a good clutch dump. These taller tires knock the 3.31 gear ratio down a bit, so I would think it would bog the engine slightly.

Don't fear though, I have a sweet 5.4 DOHC, 3650 5 speed, and 8.8 3.73 Trac-Lok just waiting to be installed this summer. I will "test" them at that time.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I also have lowering springs to drop everything 1", which will tighten the look up a little. I think the slope of the driveway makes the rear look higher also, because it person it doesn't look so jacked up in the rear.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back