298....tr6060.....67mm@20 psi.....in progress!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
thanx! ill have alot of stuff to get coated by the end of the project!

this is what i have come up with for the driver side so far, moved the power steering down to the lower mount (guessing that all there for F-150's?).....flipped passenger side header around onto the driver side, very minimal modifications to get this to work....

passenger side will be a different story, if i do the same thing, i will have to re-do the a/c lines for sure...

8a759184.jpg

e7f1fced.jpg

05c03d9f.jpg

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Glad you are doing this. I am working on a similar setup for a good friend of mine.

On the passenger side, (and driver side once all said and done), we cut the flanges off the headers, and extended them out 3" past the front of the block. Then welded on V-band flanges. I'll see if I can dig up some pics, not sure how many he took.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Glad you are doing this. I am working on a similar setup for a good friend of mine.

On the passenger side, (and driver side once all said and done), we cut the flanges off the headers, and extended them out 3" past the front of the block. Then welded on V-band flanges. I'll see if I can dig up some pics, not sure how many he took.

that would be very helpful!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is gonna be sweet. Paul, have you thought of how your going to merge the headers to one pipe up front and still have room for the downpipe to go down and under the car or are you gonna route the downpipe up next to a valve cover and down out the back?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
This is gonna be sweet. Paul, have you thought of how your going to merge the headers to one pipe up front and still have room for the downpipe to go down and under the car or are you gonna route the downpipe up next to a valve cover and down out the back?

not sure until i get the passenger side figured out a little better, i really dont want to modify the a/c lines so i am thinking real hard on what i can do to get around them....

i know i wont be running it under the car, at the least i will go to the outside of the k-member between the k-member and the tire

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, look foward to seeing what you come up with, this is going to be a very potent setup.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i may end up using these mac headers....and instead of coming straight forward, i may drop it more down from the header towards the ground and then come across and then up to the turbo like a big "W"

1b9e96c8.jpg

1bdeeacd.jpg

1c2a6f70.jpg

b7676ab3.jpg

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I would run those Mac's if it were me.

Run the merge pipe from the passenger side to the driver side under the accessories close to the steering rack. Then you will have plenty of room for your down pipe.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
started cutting and hacking on the MAC's....so Mac's it is......pass side looks to be a real chore! im going to need to remove the collector 100% and re-arrange those pipes all together so it clears the A/C.....need to find a better way to cut the piping....i really hate using the chop saw......

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Paul. any chance on making them "equal length"? I mean, the amount of pipe from side to side to the center being the same, this will take the turbo more to the passenger side but will give it a better overall sounding.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
hey man i would really like to help on this project... we run a custom machine shop and auto fab and was curious if you would allow me to machine that turbo support out of billet 6061 aluminum?? it would look sweet... would need 2 weeks turn around time... here are some stuff we make now.
n511071499_2198747_1247808.jpg

drive_assy.jpg

2011-04-11_16-25-23_745.jpg

2011-04-27_17-45-36_454.jpg

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Paul. any chance on making them "equal length"? I mean, the amount of pipe from side to side to the center being the same, this will take the turbo more to the passenger side but will give it a better overall sounding.

yeah,when i do the piping i was planning to take that into account and see what i can do about that,possibly route the driver side in a way to make them closer in length

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
hey man i would really like to help on this project... we run a custom machine shop and auto fab and was curious if you would allow me to machine that turbo support out of billet 6061 aluminum?? it would look sweet... would need 2 weeks turn around time... here are some stuff we make now.

what would something like that cost me?

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
started cutting and hacking on the MAC's....so Mac's it is......pass side looks to be a real chore! im going to need to remove the collector 100% and re-arrange those pipes all together so it clears the A/C.....need to find a better way to cut the piping....i really hate using the chop saw......

Check into to piping on eBay. We bought a box full of exhaust piping, from 1 1/2" to 4" with various bends, and I think the whole box was around $200 shipped.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Portable band saw works great. If you have any electrician or plumber friends ask one of them to borrow one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back