2Vto 3V swap...

gt4urass

Reaction score
Thanks for the info bud. I'd love a Coyote much like errybody else, but it's really hard to pass up a complete motor for under a grand. It'll be fast enough for me :)

2001GT3v

Reaction score
Thanks for the info bud. I'd love a Coyote much like errybody else, but it's really hard to pass up a complete motor for under a grand. It'll be fast enough for me :)

It is a fun swap. If I didn't have motor issues, the 3v would still be in the car. I was just running low on patience and tired of throwing money at it trying to figure out what happened internally.

I still have the exhaust adapters and throttle body spacer if you want to buy them. I'll let them go for a lot cheaper than logan motorsports will sell them to you new.

If you have any questions on the swap just let me or chris (702gt) know. We will be more than happy to help you out.

gt4urass

Reaction score
I appreciate it man. I'll definitely take you up on it. If I had the money for that stuff now I'd be all over it! I'll get back with you when I have a little surplus cash ( yeah, like that ever happens lol ). Thanks again for the help.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I appreciate it man. I'll definitely take you up on it. If I had the money for that stuff now I'd be all over it! I'll get back with you when I have a little surplus cash ( yeah, like that ever happens lol ). Thanks again for the help.

2001GT3v and I feel your pain, lol.

Around here they swap power adders like they change underwear, you should stick around and read the fun. Reading the For Sale section is like reading the Wall Street Journal. Reading the S197forum's tech section will A.) make you feel like all you do is oil changes on your car, you've done nothing to it and put 87 octane in the tank. B.) make you want to sell your car before something clicks, ticks, thunks, or whines (unless it's whipple related).

And for the love of god, someone please post up a muffler or cam thread! I have new popcorn and haven't seen stkjock post since the V6 incident! :D

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Flip the stock manifolds to exit forward, hang some turbos off them and route the pipes. Set it for about 7-8 psi till you do a forged rotating assembly.

Edit: Bummer went a different way.

Last edited:

gt4urass

Reaction score
I actually have a spare block and heads...so I had briefly considered a DOB intake and GT500 blower swap...that'd be all sorts of fun!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I actually have a spare block and heads...so I had briefly considered a DOB intake and GT500 blower swap...that'd be all sorts of fun!

When the 2v went back in he did a single turbo setup, car made 400whp 450wtq. You can get a cheap turbo kit for the price of just that intake manifold. Or talk to Bobby or Greg@S&H, they can set you up a nice kit for a bit more.

PD tire friers are a lot of fun though.

gt4urass

Reaction score
I just drove my buddies Dad's T Type today...turbos may be even more fun :). I've just never researched them much as I was under the impression that they were much moneys.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I just drove my buddies Dad's T Type today...turbos may be even more fun :). I've just never researched them much as I was under the impression that they were much moneys.

Higher quality is what costs more. The more elaborate and effecient the turbo system, usually the more expensive. The nice thing about the turbo side of FI is you can start small and basic, then replace and add as you go. Wastegate and BOV should always be high quality even if you get a cheap basic setup. They are vital to making your car not go "boom."

Only way I'll ever go turbo is if it's twins. I don't care how much power a single cranks down, after being N/A cammed for so long, if my car ever has a stock exhaust note again, I'm either selling it or there are twins under the hood. There are some turbo cams that sound pretty good though!

gt4urass

Reaction score
Yeah. My goal is actually SPR stage 2's and the FRPP manifold + full bolt ons. FI is too pricy and for some reason an N/A 281 tempts me. Wanna surprise me some Ellis Juans!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back