302 Stroker/Whipple 10 Rib Conversion

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
I started my 302 stroker swap. I got the engine out and disassembled down to the bare block and sent out my heads to be tanked and resurfaced. I'll be running 12 lbs boost on this stroker, just looking for reliability more than anything.

The block is a JDM 302 stroker and all other parts came from Justin Burcham at JPC Racing and my Ford dealer. I'm looking forward to hitting JPC's dyno and hanging with Kevin and Justin that day. It's been a while.

JDM 302 stroker 9.8:1, w/ARP rod bolts, Billet geared and o-ringed oil pump
Whipple 10 rib conversion kit
ARP head studs
Cometic MLS head gaskets
McLeod RST twin disc clutch
McLeod billet steel flywheel (switched from aluminum)
JPC stainless steel hydraulic line upgrade

Of course, the list goes on, but these are the major parts. I can say so far that JDM Engineering was a pleasure to deal with and I even talked over the phone with the engine builder for some detailed specs and discussion on certain aspects of this particular block. Justin Burcham as usual was great to deal with and JPC always hooks me up with great deals.

Here's the stock motor with the standard 6 rib Whipple HO set up just as I was getting started.

100_0674-1.jpg

Blower, intake manifold removed
100_0682.jpg

Motor pulled
100_0684.jpg

This is a shot of the engine portion of the wiring harness draped on the right side.
100_0694.jpg

Motor on the stand and disassembly started
100_0692.jpg

Removal of harmonic balancer (not the correct puller...needed a socket against the crank for enough thread depth)
100_0693.jpg

Alternator, timing cover,water pump removed.
100_0697.jpg

Coolant crossover, camshafts, timing chains, guides, tensioners, heads, etc removed.
100_0703.jpg

Oil pan off, windage tray about to be removed along with a few other goodies.
100_0705.jpg

And now the new 302 stroker block
100_0707.jpg

100_0708.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Parts spread out on the bench ready to be covered with plastic. The 2 cups have motor oil in them, the bottle has Loose Cannon from Clipper City Brewery in Baltimore. That's some good shit. I was done for the day.
100_0711.jpg

Last edited:

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
stroked and blown the only way to go through life!!!!!!!! build on

strong_j

TX^SWAG
Reaction score
Ur going to make good power with that combo my friend!! U going to put any cams in while ur in there??

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ur going to make good power with that combo my friend!! U going to put any cams in while ur in there??

I already have BBR stage 2 billet cams now which actually work well with the Whipple. They really wake up the top end without any low end sacrificed. I'll be reinstalling them.

Head studs on and back in the plastic bag until the heads come back.
100_0729.jpg

Bart_man

2007 Convertible GT/ 5 sp
Reaction score
Anthony -

I'm obvioulsy in your neck of the woods.
Love to get a firsthand look at this build sometime.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
I started my 302 stroker swap. I got the engine out and disassembled down to the bare block and sent out my heads to be tanked and resurfaced. I'll be running 12 lbs boost on this stroker, just looking for reliability more than anything.

Thats the block i am getting off ya for my build?

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
How is that clutch you have since the motors obviously out on mine i need a new clutch the stocker was starting to slip.

The DFX was great. A little crude, but solid and predictable. If you know how to work a clutch pedal you could never complain about this clutch. Very smooth for a clutch that grabs like it does.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back