3V All motor rankings: still gunning for it

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck man, can't wait to run with you guys at NMRA MIR.
I also have set out to see if I can get that spot for the all motor 3valve 11.50 pass.
My 3 valve is stock from intake to pan, with pullies , CAI and headers, and weighs in at 3450lbs. With the stock trans and clutch .
I went 11.99 in Florida at +1500 ft DA a few weeks ago, and hoping for 11.70s in Atlanta.
Does anyone know what the record is for stock head , cams and intake is?
And what was the weight of the car that has it?
I think it's great that there are still a few of us, that are still trying to get the most out of these little 281 cu in motors.

LOL! STOCK intake to pan? Holy SHIT!. I thnk I'm at 3400lbs myself, and I weigh 160. Do you have a dyno sheet? I'd love to see the curve. You must be front end, close to wheezing at the traps, and I'm picking up steam in the back end. Maybe a "grudge" match can be set up for the all motor 281s...

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Yep, I have never removed a bolt from this motor accept the crack bolt for pullies and the header bolts.
I've never had it on the dyno, so I'm not sure on the power.
A grudge match for stock 281s would be cool. Maybe we can pair up during qualifying at the NmRA meet in Maryland.
With the 4:88s I'm going thru at 6850 , and shift at 7000 , so it's about maxed out.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
I would like to know this as well.

Looking at the ranking list for N/A 3V, it looks like the stock heads , cams and trans , is my 12.06.
I just posted my 11.99 ,so thats all we can see.
I know there are people out running better on the stock stuff, it's just not listed.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at the ranking list for N/A 3V, it looks like the stock heads , cams and trans , is my 12.06.
I know there are people out running better on the stock stuff, it's just not listed.

Good deal. Running close to your numbers should be a challenging goal for me when I move back to the states.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score

How tall of a tire are you running?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Good luck! Nothing wrong with doing it different. Hell, Im still chasing the 9.9x on my 20" DRs. Im at 10.07 as of last weekend. Wont be long!

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score

Do you recall the d/a when you ran that pass? The reason I ask, I'm going up +3500ft

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
How do you like the comp 127500's as far as driveability and from just an over all prospective? If I remember correctly you had a different set of cams a couple years ago that you weren't real pleased with.

Anyway, best of luck once you hit the track again. I'm finally starting to get the bug again myself as the car sat most of last year and I was very close to selling it until a couple weeks ago, so I can relate to your excitement of getting back into it...just with a much slower car of course. :motorbike:

Do you recall the d/a when you ran that pass? The reason I ask, I'm going up +3500ft

Last post of page one....he said it was 1500+ DA.

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
How does the 3V fastest N/A bolt on and cams only compare to the 2V and 4V? Does anyone know those rankings? Can't decide which route to go.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How do you like the comp 127500's as far as driveability and from just an over all prospective? If I remember correctly you had a different set of cams a couple years ago that you weren't real pleased with.

Anyway, best of luck once you hit the track again. I'm finally starting to get the bug again myself as the car sat most of last year and I was very close to selling it until a couple weeks ago, so I can relate to your excitement of getting back into it...just with a much slower car of course. :motorbike:

Last post of page one....he said it was 1500+ DA.

The 127500 cams are not noticible on the street, but I rarely have it on the road anyhow. At the track, it just keeps pulling until I shift at 6500 or go through the traps. Drivability is mostly affected by the RAM clutch, which isn't quite "on/off" but it's close...

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm just noticed I am not on the 3V ranking anymore? Since I sold the car I guess it doesn't count anymore lol

11SEC3V

Reaction score
Good to see all the original 3V guys still around. Wasn't that long ago we were complaining about the weather in Rockingham for the 1st shootout!!!
Bring back some memories?

The 06 was sold. Car went a best of 11.39 @120

Running a Race Red 12 Boss now. John always liked the color scheme on your car!! Steeda CAI, Kooks Headers and X pipe with 27" ET Streets ran a best 11.31 @121.9 last Tuesday in Gainesville. These 4V's are amazing. 11.51 with the stock airbox. E85 tuning next...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1wGUEHC12M&feature=share

Maybe another Rockingham??

Attachments

• timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back