3v to Ecoboost

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well I'm a few weeks behind on notifying you all of the updates on my car. There wasn't much to report until a few weeks ago. My 3v was totaled in an non-at-fault accident.

I was going through an intersection with traffic backed up to my left, there were no cars in front of me in my lane and the light was green for me. When I entered the intersection I noticed a car making a left turn coming from the opposite direction was about to become apart of my car. I hit the brakes going 45-50mph through the light and slid right into the girl. Came to a rest at the other side of the intersection slightly to my right. Insurance handled the claim pretty quickly and I was able to move to a Ruby Red Ecoboost manual with premium interior and performance package.

Mods on the EB:
Added a subwoofer and amp to the stock stereo
MRT hood struts
Lethal Performance grille delete
BC Racing BR type coilovers maxed in the rear and leveled the front

I'm absolutely in love with the car and couldn't be any happier with my decision.

picture.php

picture.php

Stock:
picture.php

Now:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry to hear that about the 3V. Glad you are OK, though, and it looks like you have moved on to greener pastures.

Congrats on the new ride!

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry to hear that about the 3V. Glad you are OK, though, and it looks like you have moved on to greener pastures.

Congrats on the new ride!

Thank you! This ride will be so much better than my last. It was better in stock form in my opinion, it's just a little behind on the power but that will change.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Color and stance of the EcoBoost are outstanding; but your 3V was beautiful as well. Another S197 bites the dust.....RIP.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Wow! Glad you're ok. Almost the same thing happened to me a month ago. Been a bit sloppy with starting a thread on it. Shame about the 3V but the '15 looks awesome. Great stance and love the colour.

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Way better IMO. Sorry about the accident though. Never a good time.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! Love the color!

Thanks, so do I since it's so close to the last one. I wanted dib or white.

Color and stance of the EcoBoost are outstanding; but your 3V was beautiful as well. Another S197 bites the dust.....RIP.

Appreciate it! Couldn't wait to lower it, so I didn't. Lol.

Wow! Glad you're ok. Almost the same thing happened to me a month ago. Been a bit sloppy with starting a thread on it. Shame about the 3V but the '15 looks awesome. Great stance and love the colour.

Thank you, I was a little sore a few days after in my neck but that was all. It feels so low and I agree on the color. Thanks again!

Way better IMO. Sorry about the accident though. Never a good time.

Lol. Same here. The accident was rough at first but everyone was okay so that was great considering her passenger seat was about 6 inches wide after impact.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about the old ride, Zac. The S550 is looking great. I can't wait to check it out in person. I'm sure i'll see you at Caffeine and Octane.

Murdamarshall

forum member
Reaction score
your 3v was very nice. and that new EB is slammed! congrats on the new toy.

Bullitt 4641

Reaction score
Geez, I hope I didn't start something here. Mine survived however, sorry yours didn't. Good to hear you weren't injured either and congrats on the new ride. Looks Great! I'll be looking forward to future mod posts.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
So have you updated your rmr number yet and I do like your ecoboost and I'm so sorry bout ur 3v

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
but man, she got REKT
#s197gang #thugLYFEmustang #hit'emup

#BUILTFERDTUF #BFT

Haha. Yeah she did.. It was a 2008 and didn't hold up well at all. She had just gotten the car over the summer. She made that trip for Starbucks really expensive.

Sorry about the old ride, Zac. The S550 is looking great. I can't wait to check it out in person. I'm sure i'll see you at Caffeine and Octane.

It's okay, I have moved on to this thing and I'm loving it. I really don't miss the 3v at all.

your 3v was very nice. and that new EB is slammed! congrats on the new toy.

Haha. Thanks! I've been smiling ear to ear since I got the car a few weeks ago and the mods only made that smile bigger.

Geez, I hope I didn't start something here. Mine survived however, sorry yours didn't. Good to hear you weren't injured either and congrats on the new ride. Looks Great! I'll be looking forward to future mod posts.

Good to see you're okay too. I know a lot of my local friends had accidents right after mine in theirs as well. Crazy how a string of accidents come one after another. Thankfully I was ready to move on anyway, this was just a better way to move on than trade-in, since I got full value for the car.

So have you updated your rmr number yet and I do like your ecoboost and I'm so sorry bout ur 3v

It's all good. But I never registered with RMR, I can't stand their sticker. Lol. They need an update, it looks like a school teacher made it with the font. :doublepuke:

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
You should get a tread mane logo then it looks sweet

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, a what? What is tread mane logo?

Edit* I just looked it up, I'm still not a fan. Still doesn't solve the issue of the old looking design. They need to enter the 20th century with a new design IMO. I'm a graphic designer so I can't put that on my car personally. Not trying to sound like a snob, I just can't do it. Haha.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back