My mustang died.

justanoutlaw

Reaction score
On 11/03 my 07x4.0 ate the serpentine belt, I installed a new one in the auto parts store parking lot. Engine started right up with no issues, although the idler pulley was squealing. I replaced the idler pulley on Saturday . engine again started with no issues, no more squealing. I left on a test driven car ran perfectly for about 1½ miles when without any warning or symptoms the engine just shutoff. The pats warning light came on, and flashed a few times, then the limp mode warning light came on and started flashing. Engine will turn over but shows no sign of starting. Could this be a pats issue or possibly an ecm issue? I need to figure this out quickly as it's my only transportation, but I don't know where to begin. It never stalled,idled rough,backfired,nothing. It just died and will not start now. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
It sounds like it could be a PATS issue. You might want to check your SJB for signs of water intrusion, especially if your car has a passenger side water leak.

whitmanink

Reaction score
if the sjb is bad , i do have my other one i took out of my 06 along with any other spares i thought id need,, before going to my 09 gt, if you are sure thats the problem and cant source one cheap , DM me

justanoutlaw

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about the subject, I know my son had to replace the sjb shortly after he purchased it about 4 years ago. I've been thinking worst case scenario, engine jumped time or dead ecm or fried fuel pump. Thanks for your input.

justanoutlaw

Reaction score
Off work today, trying to troubleshoot this issue. I fully charged my battery and when I put the key in the switch and leave it the key off position the antithetical light slow flashes. Is the PATS not recognizing the chip key? I thought if the key is in the switch PATS Light shouldn't be flashing,

Edqe

Reaction score
Give this a try. Not sure how Key was affected though with a belt going out. Have you checked all other pulleys? Maybe the replacement pulley was bad. Any how try this reset for the PAT.
  1. Insert the key into the driver's side door lock.
  2. Turn the key once, but not all the way to unlock the door. Leave the key in this position for 40-60 seconds. ...
  3. Do this again, but turn the key in the opposite direction.
  4. Remove the key from the door, get into your Ford, and start the engine. The system should be reset.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back