3vfox cam shaft sensor code

3valveFox

Reaction score
So I have 1992 foxbody with a 4.6 3valve in it. Has the 2008 engine and harness with the frpp wiring kit. LONG story KINDA short lol. I had to change heads and in the mayhem forgot to tighten the driver side cam gear. The gear came loose and ate up the cam a little and broke the phaser, putting some metal shavings in the oil pan..car only ran about 30seconds...i couldnt find a new cam local so we cleaned up the cam snout and installed another phaser I had at the house along with the comp cams cam limiters I had already installed. The car keeps throwing coee p0345 for driver side cam sensor not reading and another code for cam sensor driver side intermittent. I have tried swaping sensors around with no luck. Last night I ohm tested the wires and sensors and they were the same left and right . My alternator is new..like 500 miles on it .. could it be possible a bad phaser or maybe the end of the cam not sealing on the phaser good enough to hold oil pressure in the phaser? I am lost and open to any suggestions.. thanks, matt.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
05stroker on here has a set of stock cams for sale fairly cheap. I'd think it has something to do with the cams if you have replaced the phasers and sensors.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Any chance the timing is off? When I did my hot rods I slipped a tooth. The car ran fine but kept throwing those codes. I also have a set of stock cams. They have about 29000 on them.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Just something related: check the voltage on the car when it is running and when it throws the code. A bad alternator or low voltage can cause cam codes!
(I'm interested in how the frpp kit worked out for you!)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back