5.0 Rough Idle

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the 5.0 idles rough?? I got my car last Saturday and it really seems to have a rougher than normal idle. Is this normal or do you think I might have a problem???

Thanks

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
You must have a factory freak. Ford made a few 5.0s with hotrods already installed.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Nah just messing with you. I have yet to hear one so i wouldn't be able to tell you man.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the 5.0 sounds a tiny bit more "lopey" at idle than the 4.6 did. I have read others making that same observation so I'm not just hearing things.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
mine is too. and i noticed a rattle at 400 miles that is comming from drives side dash mirror area, souns lige wind blowing across tissue paper.. ver annoying. but id hate to bring in and them take shit apart on new car. it is never the same after that.

rollin' in my 5.0

Reaction score
mine is too. and i noticed a rattle at 400 miles that is comming from drives side dash mirror area, souns lige wind blowing across tissue paper.. ver annoying. but id hate to bring in and them take shit apart on new car. it is never the same after that.

Yeah, mine's a little more "lopey" also, and I have the same rattle issue from driver's side dash. I thought the damn speaker had blown, but I opened up the door when I got home, and put my ear to the speaker and no noise. But as soon as I close the door, start cruising, and listen to the stereo, I'll be damned, freakin noise comes back. It only does it sometimes though. And I'm the same way, don't want the dealer to tear it apart.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Same here for slightly lopy idle and noise from driver door/dash area when cruising.

I am not going to worry about it. ;)

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
nice lol.... check this out i turnd the key forward and let it do its thing.. well 4 seconds later its still cranking lol

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
I do wonder if FRPP will come out with Hot Rod like cams for the 5.0 at some point. But, I don't look forward to the price since there's four.
Definitely will be more expensive. Would be nice to see them out though.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
nice lol.... check this out i turnd the key forward and let it do its thing.. well 4 seconds later its still cranking lol

I have had that issue too. The key gets stuck in the start position. Spray some lube in the keyhole and that should help.

T

Top00Cat

The lopey idle on my 08 was expensive, I should have just bought an 11

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
My idle is rough. I have complained about it to the dealer, and I was told it's normal (go figure). Really sounds like puke in a drive-thru where the noises bounce off the wall. Only noticeable with the windows down. Sounds worse on passenger side than driver's side.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back