6mt transmission whine..

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Took my car in for tranmission noise this past week.. It's whining in every gear except for 5th and 6th. It's so loud, it sounds like there's a twin screw under the hood. LOL!

It's done it since day one, and the car was dealer transfered with a few hundred miles on it. So, I suspect that it was beat on/damaged before I bought it.

Anyway, the trans is out, the clutch looks fine.. and I'll find out Monday what's going to happen with it. No sign of the pressure plate coming loose like we've seen on others. The TOB did have some abnormal wear, and he said they're going to replace it. Also, there's a bit of slack in the rear end.. they're going to fix that as well. It was making it's own seperate noise, but, I was more concerned about the trans, as it seems the noise was getting worse.

Travis

Reaction score
Not trying to shit in your thread, but you bought a new car with a "few hundred" miles on it? I thought most long distance dealer transfers was done via truck anyway? Those crooks better make this right. Keep us updated about the fix ford does.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
It had 175 miles on it when I got it.. It was dealer transfered (driven) here by a 60 year old man. So, I'm sure he didn't do anything to damage it. ;) It's about 100 miles from dealer to dealer, so, it had 75 miles on it when it left. It had been on thier lot for 3 months, and I suspect that it was test driven by plenty of people.

When I bought it, it didn't whine nearly as bad.. but, it was still whining. Given how noisy the T56 is, I figured it was normal. But, it has progressively gotten worse over the course of 4500 miles or so.

Travis

sleepy88

forum member
Reaction score
Not trying to shit in your thread, but you bought a new car with a "few hundred" miles on it? I thought most long distance dealer transfers was done via truck anyway? Those crooks better make this right. Keep us updated about the fix ford does.
I bought mine "new" with 200 miles on it too. They had to get it from another dealer and I made the mistake of assuming they would trailer it... I was wrong. Didnt even notice it til after I left the dealership. I was too busy enjoying the car.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Mine has an RPM dependent whine, sounds like a bad radio ground. Took it to the dealership, they said it's "characteristic of the engine" after speaking with Ford.

2011BaseGT

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I think it's normal. My car had 3 miles on it when they pulled it off the trailer and it's been doing it since then. I think it sounds cool.

If you have troubles shifting and the noise I'd take it in.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Mine did this a also. Now it's getting a new transmission as it grinds going into 5th gear.

Few others have had tranny replaced or having issues also.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
Mine started doing it at around 1K miles, but nothing bad, just the whine, but my 07 with the factory Tremec whinned too! I have installed the new Barton shifter and you can hear it a little more, but no issues. I took it to the track last month, and lauched it pretty hard with E.T. Streets, 1.66 60ft and no problems, we'll see...

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a bit of a whine, but not much. The only time I notice it is when I'm taking it real easy on the car, otherwise, the exhaust is loud enough to cover it.

Did they give you any shit over having an aftermarket intake and tune on the car?

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealer-dreaded grinding and very hard to put into gear issue. They replaced the pressure plate bolts and bled the system. So far so good.

Intervention

forum member
Reaction score
My tranny started to whine in 1-4th gears with light acceleration...

After I installed my full SW exhaust, the sound went away :)

RSKtakR

Reaction score
my trans whines as well.. and the rear makes some noise, I had a Ford engineer drive my car and he said the whining from the trans is a normal thing (seems to whine more in the cold i think ? ?) but your right it does sound like there is a twin screw under the hood. keep us all posted about what you find out today.. my car has 11,500 miles on it now, and had the entire clutch assembly replaced at 6700 miles because of the presure plate bolts failing, and the clutch pedal was also replaced. car seems fine, but the noise in the rear end has gotten louder, and the trans has gotten louder as well.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score

My car came from a Dealership in southern PA.

It's cheaper to pay an older gentleman to drive a car to the Dealership, pick up a trade, and drove it back. Trucking them isn't cheap.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
My car came from a Dealership in southern PA.

It's cheaper to pay an older gentleman to drive a car to the Dealership, pick up a trade, and drove it back. Trucking them isn't cheap.

My 2011 was also driven to Overland Park KS, from Arkansas by some old man. Car had 230 miles on it when I took delivery. It didnt break my heart as I'm sure he has driven MUCH faster cars then mine, so I doubt he beat on it.

Reaction score
I guess i'm lucky. There was about 20 mustang gt's at the dealership for me to choose from... My flaming turd had around 5 miles on it when i drove it for a test drive. Put 15-20 on it during the test drive then bought it.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I guess i'm lucky. There was about 20 mustang gt's at the dealership for me to choose from... My flaming turd had around 5 miles on it when i drove it for a test drive. Put 15-20 on it during the test drive then bought it.

Im with you when i took for test drive it had 6 miles on it. They let me keep over night where i put about 30 miles on it and I was hooked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back