6R80 transbrake tech discussion

tvanlant

Reaction score
Can someone please help with the 2 relay set up? I am getting the car tuned next week and would love to have this set up by then, I just dont know where to start, and sorry I am so stupid when it comes to wiring..

Replied to your PM. I will try to make a new how-to thread tonight

billy mack

Reaction score
SO happy for this, being a bracket racer it is very hard to compete when you foot brake..

nonliberal

Reaction score
So has anyone heard of any tranny issues or failures caused by this mod yet? It would be very helpful but I'm not ready to place the tranny just yet..

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I've got something new cooking, a revised circuit/calibration, it uses one less clutch. Good track test on an NA car last weekend, and looks good on a blown car in driveway testing yesterday. Track testing the blown car on Friday hopefully.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
I've got something new cooking, a revised circuit/calibration, it uses one less clutch. Good track test on an NA car last weekend, and looks good on a blown car in driveway testing yesterday. Track testing the blown car on Friday hopefully.

anxious to see the outcome. i have yet to wire one up. im am ready though

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
anxious to see the outcome. i have yet to wire one up. im am ready though

+1 !

I'm waiting for circle D to figure out the new converters for my late 2014 so I have a little time before I'll need a tbrake

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
No test of the new one tonight, fatal on-track accident, very bad situation.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Getting this back on track. New transbrake circuit. When activated, this one has only the fwd, l/r, and int clutches applied. No more direct clutch like the previous. However, it absolutely requires proper PCM calibration. Lund Racing is aware of what is needed for that. Tested on a TVS car with 2C converter, with no 2 step connected the car is at the limit of the converter just above 4000 RPM and makes no attempt to move whatsoever.

Attachments

• new TRANSBRAKE.jpg
    new TRANSBRAKE.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 141

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Getting this back on track. New transbrake circuit. When activated, this one has only the fwd, l/r, and int clutches applied. No more direct clutch like the previous. However, it absolutely requires proper PCM calibration. Lund Racing is aware of what is needed for that. Tested on a TVS car with 2C converter, with no 2 step connected the car is at the limit of the converter just above 4000 RPM and makes no attempt to move whatsoever.

Awesome. Thanks for all your work danner

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I might talk to Daniel at TSS to see if he's played with this as of yet. Do you happen to know Kris?

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Are the PCM calibration changes going to be made public knowledge? Anything extra required besides raising stall speed?

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Are the PCM calibration changes going to be made public knowledge? Anything extra required besides raising stall speed?

Not giving calibration info out to others, I only wanted to work with someone both trustworthy and capable. I suspect some others will figure this out after seeing the circuit if they just put in some effort. This will not even function as a brake at all without the correct calibration.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Why use this one? Does it release faster than your other one?

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Why use this one? Does it release faster than your other one?

No way to time it really but possibly. Once I figured out this calibration deal I just wanted it use it to simplify the hydraulics. It was never a matter of really needing the direct before, but I needed to borrow the circuit, which caused it to apply.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Not giving calibration info out to others, I only wanted to work with someone both trustworthy and capable. I suspect some others will figure this out after seeing the circuit if they just put in some effort. This will not even function as a brake at all without the correct calibration.

Fair enough. Thank you for the effort with the transbrake stuff. The DIY crowd (like myself) appreciates the outside-the-box thinking very much. :thumb:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Successfully did the 2 relay version on my friends coyote along with a 2 step.....its a very dirty set up. I must have an auto coyote now. Thanks for the DIY support Danner

Last edited:

TungstenGT

forum member
Reaction score
Going to be wiring this up along with a msd two step on my nitrous car. Any tips on where everyone is putting the relays/ wiring?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back