6R80 transbrake you say?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest. We did it with out raising line pressure thru the whole tranny, so didn't look into it any farther than what we did. Our pressure rise was limited. It's not 100% it will damage anything. IDK what the pressure is or what it's raised to. BUt it was something I didn't want to deal with, let alone 3 relays and turning off a wrenchlight in a tune. A tune woulda been no fun lol

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
The brake thing is cool and I've been reading every post in all these 6r80 trans brake threads and I just don't understand the hate Kris. You got a problem with dustin...fine, but the fact of the matter is he figured out a brake... so did u. You are obviously smart...u ruin it with your constant hate of everything that's not Lund tuned or faster than ur car. If dustin wanted to sell something he came up with, why not... its the same as tuners selling there tunes. If he wants to sell it only to his customers why not... afaik Lund won't even tune a turbo coyote unless its his kit. If you want to give away ur time and effort for free have at it.... but just know Dustin is not the only person on here trying to sell something. is there something I'm missing? Or is it really just u hating on him because he supposedly can't produce a car as fast as your n/a car? I'm curious....

In a nutshell who cares. If he wants to sell his box to only his customer's then he can go for it.

You know how much we are charging for our time and effort on this? $0. If you can't appreciate that then put both of us on ignore and do something else.

Now onto the brake function. During testing we had no issues holding the car WOT at 4K without increasing line pressure and it was done using 2 solenoids. Just like your setup Dustin but wanted something more effective.

What we have shown that is different:
1. 2-step and transbrake working at the same time
2. WOT
3. Car holding at a higher RPM

.....enjoying the asshurt. ;)

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Does Ford regulate down the converter charge pressure? If so that is cool.

Yes, 110psi max unless converter lockup is commanded, which of course is not the case here. All explained in the hydraulic circuit diagrams in the service manuals.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Just like your setup Dustin but wanted something more effective.

What we have shown that is different:
1. 2-step and transbrake working at the same time
2. WOT
3. Car holding at a higher RPM

.....enjoying the asshurt. ;)
Not sure what you mean by more effective. The car holds WOT just fine. Sorry but you just didn't do it right if you couldn't hold WOT on an N/A car. I know the problem you had, because we had it, too. Seeing as you think he was still footbraking the car, you must not have nailed it down.

1. 2step and transbrake are two separate functions. Not sure what role you think a two step has in tbrake function. It's wiring of the two step, and has absolutely nothing to do with a brake ad whether it works or not.

2. Again, guess you didn't figure it out? But not sure how your video proves WOT. I saw 4k and a two step. Wait, lemme be you real quick."That video doesn't prove anything. I'll hold judgemnt til after it makes a pass at the track. That's all I have to say about that." Was that a good impression or what? :roflmao:

3. Higher rpm has nothing to do with a Tbrakes capability to hold. Torque does. There is even less torque made on an engine when on a limiter. So, not much torque on an N/A engine WHILE two stepping. I wouldn't try to make that point. It just doesn't hold water. Let us know when you can hold 700ft/lbs at the fly wheel. Then you can try to make that point again. No asshurt. Your points are weak sauce. Am enjoying myself though lol

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
But not sure how your video proves WOT. I saw 4k and a two step.

You have got to be kidding me. The tach is shown clearly enough. The car is at idle, and it snaps right to 4k in a fraction of a second, and you're going to say that is not WOT? Should it look more like your videos, where it takes multiple seconds to get there, that would be WOT then?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by more effective. The car holds WOT just fine. Sorry but you just didn't do it right if you couldn't hold WOT on an N/A car. I know the problem you had, because we had it, too. Seeing as you think he was still footbraking the car, you must not have nailed it down.

1. 2step and transbrake are two separate functions. Not sure what role you think a two step has in tbrake function. It's wiring of the two step, and has absolutely nothing to do with a brake ad whether it works or not.

2. Again, guess you didn't figure it out? But not sure how your video proves WOT. I saw 4k and a two step. Wait, lemme be you real quick."That video doesn't prove anything. I'll hold judgemnt til after it makes a pass at the track. That's all I have to say about that." Was that a good impression or what? :roflmao:

3. Higher rpm has nothing to do with a Tbrakes capability to hold. Torque does. There is even less torque made on an engine when on a limiter. So, not much torque on an N/A engine WHILE two stepping. I wouldn't try to make that point. It just doesn't hold water. Let us know when you can hold 700ft/lbs at the fly wheel. Then you can try to make that point again. No asshurt. Your points are weak sauce. Am enjoying myself though lol

Much asshurt in you there is. Glad to see it.

I like your assumption on WOT. I may make a video to "prove it" however it is damn obvious from what was already posted.

I will be at the track on 1/5 and video will be readily available barring any issues with weather.

Like mentioned, we show clear distinction above and beyond you stuff.

One last point I wanted to make, and it concerns WOT with your stuff. In this post we see a comment made by Chris:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ransbrake-track-wheels-up-2.html#post13748401

Thats about 3500rpm. Thats the most I can push the converter to. Circle D says the 3c stalls at 3500-3700.

That pass in the video I remember seeing ~4psi when I left.

Since he isn't using a 2-step to limit his RPM you are relying on the stall to do it. Now if we watch the unedited video you clearly hear throttle changes when staged before launch on the brake:

It sure seems as if he is stepping the throttle up to said RPM vs. laying it to the wood meaning he isn't at WOT on launch. Explain it.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Damn, now I feel cazy for having a brake for two years and not using it...Continue with the hate.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, now I feel cazy for having a brake for two years and not using it...Continue with the hate.

How is that possible? I get bored sometimes and spool up on the brake in the garage just for shits and grins (try to keep that to a minimum though).

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How is that possible? I get bored sometimes and spool up on the brake in the garage just for shits and grins (try to keep that to a minimum though).

In his sig.

REDS197

Reaction score
COPY the turbo kit and give it away free too!!! Then I will put you on the ignore list first thing.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I like your assumption on WOT. I may make a video to "prove it" however it is damn obvious from what was already posted.
I'm not so sure. Usually as rpm goes up on a converter and it starts to reach stall speed it slows from starting to lock up. Went up pretty quick. Looked like it was in neutral and went straight to the two step to me. Chris showed MPH and tach on his launch. I'll wait til I see it at the track. That's all I have to say about that.

Since he isn't using a 2-step to limit his RPM you are relying on the stall to do it. Now if we watch the unedited video you clearly hear throttle changes when staged before launch on the brake:

It sure seems as if he is stepping the throttle up to said RPM vs. laying it to the wood meaning he isn't at WOT on launch. Explain it.
Holy shit on a shingle. I can't keep up. Not sure if you're trolling, selective reading, or extremely dense. I've already explained your question to THE "T" to Terry. In THIS thread no less. A whopping two pages of posts so far. Did you skip over it, or not understand it?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1931821&postcount=7
If you listen to Chris's car you can hear he doesn't hit his two step. It's because it's still wired to his brake pedal. So you hear him trying to control the rpm and boost w the gas pedal. Which is damn near impossible on a turbo that spools that quickly. Once it's into the load the turbo wants to GO. So if he was on the foot brake you would have heard his two step. I the latest vid he was going to trigger the brake lights to activate the two step but he forgot lol. Actually come to think about it I don't think you hear a two step on any of his vids

Maybe you just don't know how to drive a higher HP car, or never used a brake before. You don't just mat the gas pedal with a turbo car, you saw him staging and learning how to drive it. And you can't just go WOT on a car with traction issues either. The throttle controls the power coming out of the hole, or even boost on a turbo car. Two step limits rpm, and pedal helps control the boost.

Thats about 3500rpm. Thats the most I can push the converter to. Circle D says the 3c stalls at 3500-3700.

That pass in the video I remember seeing ~4psi when I left.
As far as your last point, do you understand how a stall rating works? Did he say the tranny wouldn't hold more? No. 3500 is all the converter will stall no matter what he does. That's what happens when a converter reaches its stall speed. Do you understand all this? It has nothing to do with what the tranny can or can't hold. NOT TO MENTION what I've already explained. Him at 3500 w no two step is harder to hold than with a brake than actually on a two step killing cylinders and losing torque. Putting it on the two step and actually going is WOT moot when it's easier to do that what he's already doing. This does not mean it won't hold. Now that I've explained yet again and you continue to look for the dumbest shit to understand "the whole story", put your money where your mouth is. I've got a few thousand burning a hole in my pocket that says it holds WOT. Let's see if your wallet is as brave as your mouth. Jump froggy

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Usually as rpm goes up on a converter and it starts to reach stall speed it slows from starting to lock up. Went up pretty quick. Looked like it was in neutral and went straight to the two step to me. Chris showed MPH and tach on his launch. I'll wait til I see it at the track. That's all I have to say about that.

That's it. We were in neutral. Hahahaha!!!!

Holy shit on a shingle. I can't keep up. Not sure if you're trolling, selective reading, or extremely dense. I've already explained your question to THE "T" to Terry. In THIS thread no less. A whopping two pages of posts so far. Did you skip over it, or not understand it?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1931821&postcount=7

Maybe you just don't know how to drive a higher HP car, or never used a brake before. You don't just mat the gas pedal with a turbo car, you saw him staging and learning how to drive it. And you can't just go WOT on a car with traction issues either. The throttle controls the power coming out of the hole, or even boost on a turbo car. Two step limits rpm, and pedal helps control the boost.

As far as your last point, do you understand how a stall rating works? Did he say the tranny wouldn't hold more? No. 3500 is all the converter will stall no matter what he does. That's what happens when a converter reaches its stall speed. Do you understand all this? It has nothing to do with what the tranny can or can't hold. NOT TO MENTION what I've already explained. Him at 3500 w no two step is harder to hold than with a brake than actually on a two step killing cylinders and losing torque. Putting it on the two step and actually going is WOT moot when it's easier to do that what he's already doing. This does not mean it won't hold. Now that I've explained yet again and you continue to look for the dumbest shit to understand "the whole story", put your money where your mouth is. I've got a few thousand burning a hole in my pocket that says it holds WOT. Let's see if your wallet is as brave as your mouth. Jump froggy

Thanks for the confirmation on not being WOT. Since the story seems to change with you guys I am glad we now have the full picture in black and white. :thumb2:

#2 is confirmed 100% here based on your feedback: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1932029&postcount=24

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Yup. You're just dense. Because it's not possible to change boost on a turbo car. Nobody does that. :crazy: If it didn't hook w a 5psi on launch a few weeks ago, it would be dumb to lower boost to 4psi launch for the last outing. Thread's officially gone full retard :thumb2:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Yup. You're just dense. Because it's not possible to change boost on a turbo car. Nobody does that. :crazy: If it didn't hook w a 5psi on launch a few weeks ago, it would be dumb to lower boost to 4psi launch for the last outing. Thread's officially gone full retard :thumb2:

New tires and all right?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-transbrake-track-wheels-up.html#post13747139

Just like my car was in neutral right?

I see you are backtracking on the line pressure thing as well....
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-6r80-transbrake-no-purchase-necessary-2.html

Do you hear that sound? It keeps getting louder....

That is the sound of your credibility being flushed down the toilet. :crazy::roflmao:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back