7 months, Finally headers installed. (pics0

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Got my long tubes last Sept and sent them off to be coated, thinking they would be on car in next few weeks. But before I knew holidays rolled up on me. Plus sits in garage mostly during winter. And once new year started been super busy doing motor swaps on other vehicles. Installing long tubes on 05+ car isnt as bad as the horroriess people make out to be on forums.

So finally had enough, and made plans for Injected Engineering to do their magic this Tuesday. 4-10-12. They will to be here Tues to re flash my computer, but still didn't have the headers installed. So got my boyeeeee,,, mustang32012 (Ronnie, LED man) to lend me hand swapping them today.We started around 11am and was firing it up at 4, and thats will the mandatory Union breaks and trip to parts store. Actual work time bout 3.5-4hours. And like the header name states,American Racing, they are made in the GOOD OLE USA!!!! They fit like a glove, and dont hang real low or anything. So for any if you debating about the American racing headers, Get them, you wont be disappointed.

Here are fittment pictures....

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

Few pictures of them installed,....

NealAtTheWheel

forum member
Reaction score
They look great man!! nice job! I'm not too far from you... up in Douglasville.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of gains are most people gettin from headers?

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
ARH FTW! Love mine, best headers out there!

Also, Dan, that info is COMPLETELY useless unless we know what you were stock.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Congrats brother! You didn't have any problems with putting the passenger side motor mount bracket back on?

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats brother! You didn't have any problems with putting the passenger side motor mount bracket back on?

Not really. Little tighter to get hands up in there with the LT's in place, but no major headaches. Very top starter bolt, was little tough to in, but extension and swivel took care of that. The fit on these headers is outstanding!

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Numbers obviously mean nothing coming from 2 different dynos.

Did you do a run of stock vs those mods?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those headers look great and the fitment/ground clearance look great too!

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Where'd you get the ARH from?

http://www.americanracingheaders.com/ I got lucky on my set. Dealer got them on a car and had a shop take them off, since it had off road X-pipe.) Picked them up with only bout 3k miles on them, new new when I got them. But day I picked them up went straight to performance coating in Jonesboro GA to have them jet hot coated. Been sitting around since last Sept waiting to be installed.

Car they went on

vert.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back