8-sec Coyote STREET car on UPR suspension

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We spend so much time talking about what our fox body racers are doing (like David Pearson running a 1.01 60-foot time on 275 Radials) that we don't share what our S197 racers are doing often enough. So when we ran across this video today, we had to share.

Ronnie Reynolds from Revolution Automotive takes his wife Stephanie's grocery getter out to the drag strip every now and then just to have a little fun. It features UPR Pro STREET rear suspension with polyurethane bushings. These are the same parts many of our street customers are running on their daily drivers. But Ronnie's car runs a Vortech blower and a Revolution Auto tune. His best pass so far is an 8.94 @ 152. This is not some gutted out racecar on slicks. It's a street car on street tires, pulling 1.30 60-foot times on UPR's STREET suspension.

So if you want quality American Made suspension with a Lifetime Guarantee which is capable of running like this, look no further than UPR Pro Street suspension!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
He's running a Paxton according to the description in the video.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet times though!!! A grocery getter with a roll bar and chute. LOL!!!

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
This is not some gutted out racecar on slicks.
You're kinda right. Car was definitely gutted. In the video you can see the missing rocker molding and both side mirrors are missing off the car for the event. Car is fast though

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
You're kinda right. Car was definitely gutted. In the video you can see the missing rocker molding and both side mirrors are missing off the car for the event. Car is fast though

A fast blower car....can't be :thud:

Would be my guess that throwing the mirrors back on wouldn't slow it down a bit, those things don't weigh but a few lbs and can't eat that much wind at 150. Would be helpful to list the race weight of the car to give people an idea of the configuration during that run. Racing is about who is quickest though, not about who can carry the most weight. Nohing wrong with removing as much weight as possible for a weekend to run a number then throw all the parts back on. That's just dedication and ambition.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
He's running a Paxton according to the description in the video.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet times though!!! A grocery getter with a roll bar and chute. LOL!!!

Vortech/Paxton same company now. In the video, the car had a Paxton Novi2200 on it. Now it has a Vortech on it for the 2015 season. :)

grocery getter my ass.

LOL! It really is his wife Stephanie's car and it really is her street cruiser. She gets mad if anyone says it's Ronnie's car or that it's a race car. I'll have to post a pic of her with the car. :)

Great run..

Now my wife wants a chute on her SUV.

:D My wife won't drive my 2011 now with the built Coyote and D-1SC. I finally got her to drive my 200hp '86 5.0 last weekend though, and she loved it!

I get your point. I guess I've sort of been jaded after seeing some of the coyote cars at NMRA Bradenton last weekend. When you see an S197 Coyote which is around 3000lbs without driver, everything else looks like a full weight street pig! :D Stephanie's car certainly is not that stripped down.

Not on street tires either... still fast, but not as factory as you are leading us to believe.

DOT tires are street tires. I wouldn't use DRs in the snow... but they're perfectly streetable.

Would be my guess that throwing the mirrors back on wouldn't slow it down a bit, those things don't weigh but a few lbs and can't eat that much wind at 150. Would be helpful to list the race weight of the car to give people an idea of the configuration during that run. Racing is about who is quickest though, not about who can carry the most weight. Nohing wrong with removing as much weight as possible for a weekend to run a number then throw all the parts back on. That's just dedication and ambition.

LOL! Well said. Regardless, he's not running up there with you TT guys, but he's doing pretty well with the blowers. We're working on some additional suspension upgrades and I expect it to be in the 1.2Xs this season. :)

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
Ronnie's wife's car really IS street driven, when I dropped my car off at Revolution Automotive a few weeks ago, it had snowed I believe the night before or two days prior, roads weren't bad but they were cold and wet in spots, as my wife and I pulled out of Rev's parking lot, Ronnie was pulling in in that car, lol told my wife "there goes your average everyday 8 second street car" and this was in February! lol most guys put there 12 and 13 second cars away for the winter, they drive their 8 second car in February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ronnie's wife's car really IS street driven, when I dropped my car off at Revolution Automotive a few weeks ago, it had snowed I believe the night before or two days prior, roads weren't bad but they were cold and wet in spots, as my wife and I pulled out of Rev's parking lot, Ronnie was pulling in in that car, lol told my wife "there goes your average everyday 8 second street car" and this was in February! lol most guys put there 12 and 13 second cars away for the winter, they drive their 8 second car in February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I love it! And Stephanie told me she plans to race it more herself this year. :)

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score

Would be my guess that throwing the mirrors back on wouldn't slow it down a bit, those things don't weigh but a few lbs and can't eat that much wind at 150.
Average mirror eats about 25rwhp, if you can believe that.

Would be helpful to list the race weight of the car to give people an idea of the configuration during that run. Racing is about who is quickest though, not about who can carry the most weight. Nohing wrong with removing as much weight as possible for a weekend to run a number then throw all the parts back on. That's just dedication and ambition.
doesn't matter to me what it weighs, or knocking it for being gutted. It was getting a cage installed so everything was out. That was my understanding. Just posting the accurate info is all.

Yes of course a blower car can be fast. (When it's gutted) :roflmao:
Here come the texts from Bud lol:highfive:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back