I
inadvertently
set a programed Key and it set a speed limitor to 80 mph,
,,How to rest it???

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you tuning the car? The only way to adjust the speed limiter is by reprogramming the computer. Could it be a Valet key that would limit it to 80 mph?

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
u need the admin key to reset the mykey key. put in the admin key and go thru the options on the message center till u see somehting about mykey.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry i write with a Brooklyn accent...

LOL! :roflmao:

Are you tuning the car? The only way to adjust the speed limiter is by reprogramming the computer. Could it be a Valet key that would limit it to 80 mph?

My Key lets you limit music volume and top speed on a particular key. You could use that key for valets or your pimply-faced prom-going teenager.

"Sure, son, you can use my 'Stang to take Becky to prom. But it won't go over 60 mph. Bwah ha ha!"

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Yeah my last rent car had all of those functions (Ford Fusion); wasn't able to listen to the radio loudly at all.

I haven't ever messed with it; but is there a way to monitor if the limit has been reached? For example; if I set the rev limiter on the mykey to 6000 rpm and I brought the car into the dealer with it and they decided to joy ride---would I know?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah my last rent car had all of those functions (Ford Fusion); wasn't able to listen to the radio loudly at all.

I haven't ever messed with it; but is there a way to monitor if the limit has been reached? For example; if I set the rev limiter on the mykey to 6000 rpm and I brought the car into the dealer with it and they decided to joy ride---would I know?

You can't set an RPM limit. You can set top speed, the lowest is like 80 I think, you can set Traction Control to always be on and the radio volume to be limited. You can set it to chime like a mofrackie when someone goes over 45, 55 or 65, and that chime is irritating.

As far as checking up on how your car was driven, all the Admin MyKey can tell you is the mileage driven.

All of this is in your owners manual.

If you really want control over your car, you can use an SCT tuner. Before dropping my car off to have tires installed, wheels, repair and so on, I upload a tune, but go into the settings for the tune. I set it to not exceed 5,000RPM or 65mph. They also get the activated MyKey which sets the radio volume to no more than 45% and forces the Traction Control to remain on. They cannot disable it.

The last time I had my new wheels put on, I dropped off the car. The dude looked so excited to see he was getting a new 2011 Mustang GT to put wheels on. I know they don't drive every car they put new wheels on, but I figured they would drive mine. When I came back to pick up my car, the guy looked all disappointed/frustrated/pissed off.

He says, "Man, I think there's something wrong with your car. It won't accelerate very well and the speed was limited to 65mph." I told him I had set the car up like that on purpose. He said, "But that prevented me from testing the car at highway speeds to make sure the wheels wouldn't give any feedback."

I said, "The highest speed limit for 50 miles of here is 65mph. If there's a problem at higher speeds, I will let you know and I will take you for a test drive so you can feel it if needs be."

I then uploaded my tune and used my Admin key to start the car and did a nice, wiggly burnout while leaving. I won't be using them again although, they did a great job with my wheels. They just shouldn't have allowed a 25 year old tire installer to drive my fucking car after I specifically told the lady no one was to drive it.

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
LOL! :roflmao:

My Key lets you limit music volume and top speed on a particular key. You could use that key for valets or your pimply-faced prom-going teenager.

"Sure, son, you can use my 'Stang to take Becky to prom. But it won't go over 60 mph. Bwah ha ha!"

shit, i'd set the valet key at like 10mph. Most valet spots are only a few hundred feet away, they dont need to drive fast.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
They just shouldn't have allowed a 25 year old tire installer to drive my fucking car after I specifically told the lady no one was to drive it.

I hate that shit so bad. I always stay and watch what's being done to my car for this very reason. You can see if someone accidentaly scratches or knicks your car, abuses it, etc.

This ass face was changing my tires on my last mustang, and I heard him revving the engine to the limiter...I was like WTF Ahole! "oh, I had to make sure that...uh...I'll be right back." Stupid idiots. I wish I had a damn touchless tire mounting machine at home.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back