Programming keys

Jims3rd

Reaction score
I put a new computer in the car, supposedly relearned the existing keys, did not start, put old computer back in, car started right up, how would you program the keys to a new computer ? 2009 v6, 4.0 5 man.

Jims3rd

Reaction score
I take it that I get a tool of some sort and do something…
Forscan, which one ?
Excuse my ignorance

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I also had good luck with a locksmith shop. They hooked a computer to my car, used the key I had and then inserted the two new keys into the ignition. That programmed the new keys to the car.

Good luck

JimC

Reaction score
I also had good luck with a locksmith shop. They hooked a computer to my car, used the key I had and then inserted the two new keys into the ignition. That programmed the new keys to the car.

Good luck
That may not work because it sounds like his current keys are not being recognized by the new computer. So there is no "active" key to start the process with.

VistaBlue07

Reaction score
I put a new computer in the car, supposedly relearned the existing keys, did not start, put old computer back in, car started right up, how would you program the keys to a new computer ? 2009 v6, 4.0 5 man.
Forscan is free if you sign up for their forum. Load it on a windows laptop, buy the ODB adapter off Amazon that they recommend. Get in the PATS menu, delete existing keys, program new one and the backup. Plenty of YouTube on that.

Jims3rd

Reaction score
I ordered okd cable and have keys and eco in hand, the guy will be following up on your suggestion, thanks, update next week. Thanks for all input !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back