9.8:1 Aluminator Short Block

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Does anybody know when this is supposed to be released? I'm ready to buy this and all other supporting parts and as far as I've heard, it should have been released by now.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We have two on the way to our shop, we got shipping confirmation yesterday. Call me up Ill give you the best deal I can on one!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a price of $3200 shipped to my dealer. Got a part# yet?

That is a great deal, I might be able to do something like that. We are also working on a 302 engine program right now that we should be launching in 2 weeks with 9.8:1 compression shortblocks ready to ship! Looks like we are going to price them right around this same price range ; )

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
That is a great deal, I might be able to do something like that. We are also working on a 302 engine program right now that we should be launching in 2 weeks with 9.8:1 compression shortblocks ready to ship! Looks like we are going to price them right around this same price range ; )

any details on these 302's :popcorneat:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
any details on these 302's :popcorneat:
We are going to be offering these in just about two weeks but I can give you some information on them right now.

We are using a 302 rotating group that consists of a 3.80" steel forged crank, custom manley stroker rods, CP forged pistons with stock compression, High performance bearings, Custom Piston rings (stainless top ring), and ARP hardware. These engines are going to be built in house in our same facility were we assemble our 298 and many other mod motor combinations. We have built and sold hundreds of Modular motors over the years so our experience and knowledge goes into ever shortblock. Most of the other 302's on the market are lower compression, which isnt necessary and leads to lower power output. For over 4 years with our 298 stroker program we have been utilizing the stock compression in our builds with great success.

We have spent alot of time on this combination to make it the best 302 on the market. We are going to be offering these right around $3500 too so they are going to be priced very competitivly!

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
We are going to be offering these in just about two weeks but I can give you some information on them right now.

We are using a 302 rotating group that consists of a 3.80" steel forged crank, custom manley stroker rods, CP forged pistons with stock compression, High performance bearings, Custom Piston rings (stainless top ring), and ARP hardware. These engines are going to be built in house in our same facility were we assemble our 298 and many other mod motor combinations. We have built and sold hundreds of Modular motors over the years so our experience and knowledge goes into ever shortblock. Most of the other 302's on the market are lower compression, which isnt necessary and leads to lower power output. For over 4 years with our 298 stroker program we have been utilizing the stock compression in our builds with great success.

We have spent alot of time on this combination to make it the best 302 on the market. We are going to be offering these right around $3500 too so they are going to be priced very competitivly!

heads?
cams?
oil pump?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Aluminum block on the 302 cid?
Why wouldn't it have an aluminum block?

JimIII@JDM said:
We are using a 302 rotating group that consists of a 3.80" steel forged crank....
Be sure you check the side clearance on the rods. Frickin' Kellogg 3.800 cranks are narrow on the rod journals. Bastards.

JimIII@JDM said:
....Custom Piston rings (stainless top ring...
Even for an N/A engine?

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
heads?
cams?
oil pump?

We have our CNC ported heads as well. This program has been in full swing for over 3 years too! We have several sets of custom comp cams, we also use the Ford Racing Hot rod cams too!

We offer a billet geared GT500 O ring oil pump too. We have been doing the GT500 oil pumps with an o ring groove for some time now and they work great. The billet gears are a must for any one who plans to make big power or race the car.

JimIII

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
New aluminum blocks are $800-ish to the general public. Certain companies get a better price break due to purchasing quantities.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim, I thought your 298 strokers were 9.0 to 1 compression. Well the older ones at least.

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I'm ready to buy. I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket and the 302 CID is sounding like a reasonable alternative.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back