92 Octane tune?

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
Does anyone make an agressive 92 tune WITH the cammed idle? I am running the lund 93 but we only have access to 92 octane here in Hawaii

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Contact Lund for more details, but his Ghost Cams tune uses adaptive octane, so the tune is good for 91-93 octane.

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
werd. thats what I was looking for. I'll talk to John and make sure. Thanks.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll leave this thread here in hopes of getting some technical details about the adaptive octane.

It's pretty sweet, and my understanding is that it became available with the '10+ cars.

I run crappy CA 91 octane here.

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, John leaves the knock sensors alone, so the tune will learn for the 92. If you are really worried about it, you can email John, but he will probably say the same, or if you can adjust options in your tune, you can always pull a degree or 2 out.

rodmoe

Reaction score
While i have not ordered yet. He did say it is adaptive and one tune wll be good for 91 to 93 Oct. making it even more sweet :) Here is his reply to my question about his tune.
I sell 1 tune for 91-93 with your Mod List for $XXX via paypal. You don't need different tunes the car has adaptive octane and will adjust accordingly based on octane.

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a chance to speak to John today when he stopped by the shop, and he said it would be fine.

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
I just heard that our actual octane rating here for 92 is closer to 89......And our 87 is more like 84........!!!!

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
order a case of toco and mix a half bottle with every fill up. should last you a while..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back