93 Race Tune with Ghost Cams

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not a retard. I know that lowering the idle speed won't create more cam overlap. I am aware that the rough idle is created by advancing and retarding the exhaust and intake cams electronically to create this. But thanks for the vote of confidence. I just wanted to know was could I knock the idle down a couple hundred rpms to "highlight" the choppy idle.

YouMad.jpg

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do. I thought I answered it, but I guess not.

No, lowering the idle rpm will do just that. It won't get choppy at all. If anything, you'll lower it too much and it will surge, but no resemblance of lope.

I assume you have the car and a programmer already. Do you?

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
God bless you for trying but you are either missing what I'm tryin to relay to you or you just dont get it...

Here is an example of what I mean... Say, for instance, you have a 1990 LX 5.0. You swap in a cam with 104* of lobe seperation. You set the idle to 1200 rpms. Sure it will have a nice lope to it... BUT if you turn the idle down to say 800 rpms that LOPE will be more pronounced..... are you getting what Im trying to say?

I have an 11 6mt base model. Still waiting on Lund and Pickups Plus Cars to work out the bugs in the extremely choppy idle tune that they originally posted before I but one. Photobucket doesnt work here in my office but if you look in my sig line there is a pic of my engine bay.

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wait, are you asking if I can lower the rpm on the ghost cam tune to get a more pronounced lope?

I'm assuming your referring to a non-ghost cam tune.

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
Forgive me if it has been said but i dont feel like reading the 5 pages lol

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS TUNE!! lol.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if it has been said but i dont feel like reading the 5 pages lol

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS TUNE!! lol.

[email protected]

$200

DING DING!!!

Hahahaha!

I thought you were saying in lieu of the ghost cam tune.

The neutral idle parameter is not adjustable in my tune, so I couldn't tell you.

I'd think they would have tested different idle speeds, but your best to ask them in this case.

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
Well now that we have that sorted out....what does your car idle at with that tune?

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
Odd mine sits happily at 750-800. I shall return...I'm off to do research on this sumbitch tune.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine was lower too on the stock tune. I'll grab a picture next time I drive it when it's at operating temp. As you can see in my video, it's not quite there yet.

Still debating getting it?

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of power this tune makes compared to the BBR 93 octane tune. Anyone know? Probably around the same?

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
Mine was lower too on the stock tune. I'll grab a picture next time I drive it when it's at operating temp. As you can see in my video, it's not quite there yet.

Still debating getting it?

I mean, I love the tune, I just wish it was as choppy as the first video that PPC posted. They said they are working on getting to that point and when they do, people who bought the tune will automatically get the updated lumpier tune. I just saw this video and it's the best sounding one yet except for the backfire. So maybe it's camera/exhaust differences that throw me off. For instance, by listening to the vids you posts alone, I would not buy the tune. But after hearing this one,

And I'm not dogging ur car, I'm just opinionaterizinging...ing...

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
1. That car was already warmed up.
2. There was even more poping noises on that vid than mine.
3. Never ever place the audio recording equipment that close to something this loud, you'll max out the recieving mic and not get the full range of sound. None of my videos are that close, it's misleading.

The video of my car running at night before the tune is how far you should have the camera...and make sure it's a good mic on that camera.

The vid played back through my home theatre system sounds exactly like my car. Most high end recorders at the appropriate distance can catch the sound properly. Now a crappy point and click...well...nice effort. lol

I could care less about what's good for that dudes camera, what it sounds like
on your home theater or what the appropriate distance is for a camera to be placed from an exhaust tip for a video. ESPECIALLY coming from a guy that is too busy showing off in a parking lot video to notice a huge dip in the road and almost mangles his fairings...lol. With that aside, ur car is pretty sharp looking and love the HIDs. My DDM HIDs are no nearly as purdy. I was just saying that I like the way that car idles.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back