A bad day in KY

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
I've had the Roush parked at my parent's house (1/4 mile away) because of the cold weather and it's tires (anything below mid-40* get pretty hairy with these tires). Well yesterday I forgot to plug up the block heater in my truck and ran the batteries down pretty quickly trying to start it. I thought that I would be okay in such a short distance to drive the car, so I walked down and drove the car up to jump it. I was letting the truck warm up and drove the car to park it. When I hit second the tires just let loose. When it did they wet over ink some slick grass and then game over clipped a telephone pole. I'm pretty sure it will be totaled. Aside from the damage when you try to drive it just makes a clicking noise and won't move. The rear Forgestar is pretty bad too, not sure if it can be fixed. If they total it I'm going to try to buy it back cheap and part it out. I'll probably just drive the truck and try to find a fox body roller to fix just for the track.

EC6DED11-5DA0-4F78-A57C-8CA1EFD02F3A_zpsvrsxrjnx.jpg

7714ACFA-C88A-4DFD-995E-5CE3B5CBCBA6_zpszlyjmwal.jpg

B17D5448-DACD-4412-9254-AA945DB541B7_zpsyp26wt8o.jpg

82601B4C-53EC-4C87-810A-B273B811BF34_zps57edlht6.jpg

B3A7CFCA-4F50-44DF-B013-F628703630DD_zpsgybjhldv.jpg

Last edited:

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
Wow! So sorry to hear about that....good luck with the insurance on that. It'll all work out. Glad to hear that you're ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
That sucks man. Definitely try and buy it back. They won't want much. Drivetrain is probably good, do a Fox swap or similar. Plenty of good parts us S197 peeps would want too.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Sorry about the car. No offense intended but how did you lose traction in second gear on dry pavement? I've driven on drag radials in below freezing weather and never had them spin unless I got into the throttle. I'm assuming you weren't exactly babying it?

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about the car. No offense intended but how did you lose traction in second gear on dry pavement? I've driven on drag radials in below freezing weather and never had them spin unless I got into the throttle. I'm assuming you weren't exactly babying it?

No offense taken. I wasn't babying it, but wasn't getting on it either. For some reason the car had always been temperamental going into 2nd. I'm guessing with the 4.10s and blower it doesn't help much in the lower gears. I have had my fun in the car and never had issues. It just kicked out a bit, enough to clip that grass, and that was all she wrote. It was probably around 10-15 degrees.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
holy fuck man, sorry about the car, yea KY is pretty damn cold the last week.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Dang it, time for an upgrade then. New Stang.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm just glad you weren't hurt! That could of been a much nastier wreck.

Shit happens. I've had the worst traction issues during cold weather with summer high performance tires than any other. Slicks and Drags never gave me near the problems that low profile summer tires did due their much higher sidewalls.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm sorry, man. I'm well aware of how easily these cars can get away from you in slick conditions. That has played a big part in my decision to keep my '14 stock.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
This was my third street mustang. I think I'm going to just drive my truck for now and build a BBF notchback for a dedicated strip car.

08mojo

Reaction score
Sorry to see this happen! Best of luck with the next build. A BBF track only car sounds fun.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
sorry to see that.

yeah its been fucking cold here. I drove mine Saturday and made a day of catching it.

not trying to come off like a dick but if you do start a part out keep me posted. you might have something I need and with you being close i'd save on shipping...I could just pick it up.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Hate to be bearer of bad news...ROUSH models aren't listed in the NADA guide, so you're not likely going to like the outcome of a settlement offer.

ALL of us guys that have ROUSH models are paying rates for a GT.

Side note...I'd be interested in that GT500 front end conversion kit if you can rip it off before insurance gets their hands on it.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang man, sorry to see this. Glad you are OK, though. Just curious, what kind of tires? Good Year F1's? Hard for me to tell from the pics. I hear those are horrible in anything under 50 degrees.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to be bearer of bad news...ROUSH models aren't listed in the NADA guide, so you're not likely going to like the outcome of a settlement offer.

ALL of us guys that have ROUSH models are paying rates for a GT.

Side note...I'd be interested in that GT500 front end conversion kit if you can rip it off before insurance gets their hands on it.

I know about Roush being a post-title package. That's why I'm hoping I can buy it back cheap and part it. I'm sure I'll lose my ass on it though.

The car has a small lein on it and I've been told State Farm won't allow sell back on a vehicle with a lein on it. I hope that's wrong. Seems to me as long as the payoff was satisfied in the settlement it wouldn't matter.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Man... that really sucks bro. I am sorry to hear. Glad you are okay though.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Guy came by to give an estimate. He said he'd have to look some stuff up and be done with it tomorrow. He guesses it will be totalled.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back