A nice guy with a lot of money. SS inside...

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
No, he didn't give me any money, lol. But here's the story...

I was driving along the freeway, and saw an S197 from afar. I was thinking v6 or GT. nothing more. I was about half a mile from the car and I could hear the fucker suuuuper loud!! As i got closer, I realized it was a GT500 with exhaust. I thought, cool someone in my area that has a modded one. I don't see that often at all.

1245050608.jpg

It wasn't til i got a little closer and saw exactly what it was..

1245050606.jpg

1245050604.jpg

1245050601.jpg

1245050598.jpg

1245050595.jpg

this was one nice car. And funny story... Well, I love stangs. i HAD to see this car up close, I followed him, I don't care how far he was going, as long as he didn't go into Mexico, I was going his way. Or at least until I ran out of gas. haha. We finally stopped at his gorgeous house, I step out of the car, he's on the phone then gets off right away, we said hello and explained why I was following him. (didn't want to freak him out, but i think he knew i just had to see his car up close) We start talking about the car. It's the 725 version with the Kenne Bell as you can see, but he said at first it only dyno'd a 610. So he added Kooks exhaust headers back, pulley and a different tune amongst other things and now makes 86X to the crank and 740 at the wheels!! :omfg: After talking with him on Friday, he said stop by his auto sales shop the next day to check it out some more and to bring my little brother to see it. While outside his two little boys come running out to see it. Turns out he had just gotten it, and had been waiting a year for it! He sayd this car was going to be the older sons car, but his younger son (both about 4 or 5 years old) was going to get his 67 camaro... :thud: My brother and I stopped by the next day, his car is parked in the back garage of his dealership. My brother freaked the hell out! well, he said follow me into the other garage. Opened it up, turned on the lights and staring at me was a 1967 camaro. Looked like it had just rolled off the line. i asked if it was all restored, he said nope, all original! Afterwards went to a back storage shed with all his take off GT500 parts, which he said we could work out a deal later on some of the stuff like the brembos, chin spoiler and other stuff. :clap: he also has two sets of wheels I was going to post up for him to sell, some Shelby wheels and some Savini wheels and tires that were 7K (selling for 5K if he can get it), with Nitto Invo Tires, brand new. he put them on the car, but like the SS wheels better. Anyways, point of this was to show a gorgeous car and to show that even a super busy ass guy, owner of a few higher end dealerships in my area, had time to shoot the shit with some 19 year old kid who loves cars and wanted to take a few pics. :thumb:

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
Man, that is one gorgeous car!
Always nice to meet someone who has an awesome ride and is nice enough to stop and shoot the shit about it.

YLWNOR

ProCharged
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn sweet ride I must say... I love the older Camaros to... Get pics of it if you can.

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
saw one at the track a month or so ago. ran 7.40's (1/8 mile) straight fromt he showroom floor. absolute zero traction, but boy could he make it up on the other end.

rawk3r

dude, where's my car?
Reaction score
haha nice car.. psychotic lil man.. lmao

i guess when i move down we gotta check it out again, lol

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
glad you guys liked them, I had to post these up!!! lol. I'll see if I can get pics of the camaro soon, maybe this week or next depending on when I'm in the area. I really need to get a better camera these shitty cell phone pics don't do the car justice. lol.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great story! Thanks for sharing.......that is one bad ass car. And as said before, it's great to see people out there still have a warm heart. YES, get some pics of the camaro if you can!!

romac

Reaction score
Awesome story and awesome car. I'll also jump in line for pics of the Camaro.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
your luck you didnt get a cap in your ass for being a stang stalker ;)

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Whats up Alloy? Awesome story, gotta love seeing one of those out on the road. I barely ever see a regular GT500 out on the street around here. Plus he was cool! Funny about you following him home. I keep stalking this poor guy that has a Strawberry Red Notch with black interior that I want to buy from him. We used to live in the same neighborhood and when I saw him driving it I'd follow him to wherever he was going and ask if he wanted to sell it. Haven't seen it since we moved 3 years ago.

So the other day me and one of my guys are pulling into the local Wendy's at lunch and I spot it in the parking lot. As soon as we walk in I notice him in line next to us and say nice car. I think I freaked him out a bit! So I explained that a few years back I stopped him a half dozen times to try and buy it and he seems kinda OK and we start talking cars. Next thing he says is you still want it? He said he was in the market for an '05 or newer mustang and was thinking about selling it. So damn glad we picked Wendy's and I wasn't even sure if I should say anything to him or not. Hopefully it works out, he said he was looking around and would give me a call if he finds something he likes. Persistence might just pay off.. Or he's filing a restraining order!

Back