About the tunes I ordered

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When is my 3.4" pulley and 2.95" pulley tunes going to be done?

flyingbrian1

forum member
Reaction score
I talked to him today and he said him and is dad were staying late tonight to get some tunes done so they could get them sent out. So I would give them a day or so. Hope we can get them by wednesday so I can be done with my car.:clap:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I talked to him today and he said him and is dad were staying late tonight to get some tunes done so they could get them sent out. So I would give them a day or so. Hope we can get them by wednesday so I can be done with my car.:clap:

Umm, how long have you been waiting? I called 2 times yesterday. I can also assure you, if they were staying late they were not answering the phone.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, both of your tunes should be to you shortly. I apologize for the wait, we certainly do not like keeping our customers waiting. We have had a little stretch here recently with my father out of the shop and then upon his return he became very involved with making a change to our engine program and its taken up a lot of his time. We are currently making some changes to our cylinder heads that looks to be very promising for the S197 cars. Also with preparation going on this week for the NMRA race, it has just been a little difficult to hold my father in one place long enough to get some tunes out of him.

A majority of our mail order business involves tunes from my father, id say every 10 orders i place at least 6 or 7 require tuning. As it stands he has a pile of over 70 tune orders sitting on his desk. He does several everyday, but right now the demand is more than we can keep up with. So i just ask everyone to be a little patient with us as we get these programs finished.

If your car is in dier need of a tune, please feel free to contact us and let us know that. However some cars may only be waiting on a small adjustment and might take a little bit longer. We like to do these on a first come first serve basis, but sometimes emergencys arise and we do the best we can to help out.

Thanks everyone,

JimIII @ JDM

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No worries, thanks for all the help! Thanks again for the explanation and tell your father thanks too, it goes a long way in my book and says a lot about how you all run your company to have him actually get on the phone and apologize and explain whats going on.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I have to say, I put about 100 miles on the car yesterday driving to work and driving around in general and I have to say that the 3.4 pulley tune I got from JDM is best tune I've ever had in the car. It is head and shoulders above and better then the two previous dyno tunes I had in the car. Thanks Jim SR and Jim III.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I have to say, I put about 100 miles on the car yesterday driving to work and driving around in general and I have to say that the 3.4 pulley tune I got from JDM is best tune I've ever had in the car. It is head and shoulders above and better then the two previous dyno tunes I had in the car. Thanks Jim SR and Jim III.

Thats awesome to hear Matt! Im glad your enjoying the new tune, let me know if there is anything else we can do. Let me know when you try the 2.95 pulley tune too!

JimIII

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome to hear Matt! Im glad your enjoying the new tune, let me know if there is anything else we can do. Let me know when you try the 2.95 pulley tune too!

JimIII

It'll probably be a little bit before I get the chance to put the 2.95 pulley on. This weekend I'm putting the T56 trans in and probably that radiator I got from CK. Then the following weekend (Memorial day) I'm going down to TX to visit family, then we go to the field for 2 weeks so it will probably be sometime after that before I get the chance to put the smaller pulley on. Then again, I may just do it at the same time as the radiator, but even then I'm not going to get the chance to drive it much before I get out of the field I think.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
<-------------still waiting on my revised tune :helpme:

Jim, are you SURE a 3.0 pulley is too aggressive for my setup...?

Any testing on the FRPP TB with the Supershaker?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
<-------------still waiting on my revised tune :helpme:

Jim, are you SURE a 3.0 pulley is too aggressive for my setup...?

Any testing on the FRPP TB with the Supershaker?

No testing yet on the FRPP TB but we do plan to do something with them as i have a few on order. I think the 3.0 will be alot of boost for your compression and it should run 103 race fuel if your ogoing to do so

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
No testing yet on the FRPP TB but we do plan to do something with them as i have a few on order. I think the 3.0 will be alot of boost for your compression and it should run 103 race fuel if your ogoing to do so

OK, OK, I'll quit harassing you about the pulley...:hammer:

Curious to see if/what the FRPP t/b does on this setup.

Send me a good race tune with my revised tune so I can run some numbers next time I go to the track :clap:

One last thing...have you guys tested with the rain guard cut out?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
..... We like to do these on a first come first serve basis, but sometimes emergencys arise and we do the best we can to help out.

Thanks everyone,

JimIII @ JDM

Any idea where I might be in that "first come first serve" line on the adjustment I spoke with you about back on the 5th?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any idea where I might be in that "first come first serve" line on the adjustment I spoke with you about back on the 5th?

Should be very close or done, he finished a bunch of tunes over the holiday weekend so we should be caught up. im still just going through them today. Ill know for sure shortly!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jim III are you'll still backed up on tunes?

I believe we have alot of the ones that were on back order all finished up, we are back on normal schedule it seems! Which is usually a 2-3 day turn around!

JimIII

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should be very close or done, he finished a bunch of tunes over the holiday weekend so we should be caught up. im still just going through them today. Ill know for sure shortly!

So maybe sometime next week we might get to it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back