AC Blower Speed Issue

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. My AC/Heat only blows on the 4 speed setting. I've changed the blower motor resistor and it only worked for a day, then I brought the part back for a new one to make sure it wasn't a dud. That part did the same thing. It worked for one day only. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm considering trying to find a new switch panel. Where is the best place to get those?

Thanks for any help!

mike4pointoh

Reaction score
Not 100% sure on the electrical setup but maybe check if you have an oversized fuse?

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
I'll check the fuses. Someone said check the voltage at the blower resistor. Said something could be blowing the resistor. I'll check all options. Thanks!

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
No, 07 V6 mustang. I sold the Mach. Now drive my wife's old car as I/got her a new Escape.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
According to Mitchell On Demand Wiring it could very well be in the Climate Control Module. The Resistor is directly in line with the Control Module. It is located behind the center of the dash. I would suggest getting a good manual with wiring diagrams so it can show you what wires to check.

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I will try and find something. I need to stop being lazy because it's about to be hot here but I hate riding on speed 4. It's loud.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
If the blower motor is pulling to many amps it may be damaging the new blower motor resistors.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. If your blower motor is starting to go out it can very taxing on your system and usually blows fuses and/or blower motor resistors. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
How did this turn out? I realize this thread's a year old, but I've started having the same problem. My resistor was dead on speeds 1-3, then I replaced it with a brand new one and it blew #1 after only an hour or so of run time

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
How did this turn out? I realize this thread's a year old, but I've started having the same problem. My resistor was dead on speeds 1-3, then I replaced it with a brand new one and it blew #1 after only an hour or so of run time

What type of electrical meters do you have? Do you have anything that can reads amps (10-30)? If you or your friend can measure the amps the motor is pulling I can test mine and tell you if yours is in the normal range or not.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a multimeter, but don't remember how high it can go w/ amps. A couple weeks ago I pulled the motor and spun it by hand-- there was a lot of resistance. I posted a video and someone told me the motor looked shot since it should spin a lot more freely. While I was waiting for the replacement to show up, the resistor came back to life and now its working fine with the new blower fan. I didn't realize how weak my fan was either until I got the new one in. The new #1 is stronger than the old #2 on the fan switch

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back