Acceleration hesitation at 3k rpm

blck08GT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2008 gt and under partial throttle acceleration, I get a small hesitation right at 3,000rpm. It feels as if the brakes have been lightly pressed and then instantly released. At full throttle it's perfectly smooth. Car has a ford racing intake (bullitt one) and tune. Thanks for the help!

JerseyCity07GT

Reaction score
I've had hesitation believe it or not to due to an alternator going out.... that is fairly common in our cars..

Whipple46

Reaction score
I believe its the tune as well, what tune do you use? I have sct tuner with brennspeed tune and i get a jolt of power after 3k rpm. No hesitation but a jolt and i know i can get rid of that with my tune, but i dont have enough bolt-ons to order a new tune with my setup.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2008 gt and under partial throttle acceleration, I get a small hesitation right at 3,000rpm. It feels as if the brakes have been lightly pressed and then instantly released. At full throttle it's perfectly smooth. Car has a ford racing intake (bullitt one) and tune. Thanks for the help!

Did it always do this or did it just start happening?

blck08GT

Reaction score
It's always done this. Before and after I replaced the alternator its acted the same. It has the ford tune right now but may change that soon to see if that helps. I also don't notice it at full throttle

blck08GT

Reaction score
So I thought I'd update this. I now have a new alternator, tune, spark plugs, and fuel filter all installed and although the issue is better it's still there. At this point I'm not going to worry too much about it. Thanks everyone for your input!

bab312

Reaction score
Hi i have an 05 with a paxton 2200sl ..I've had this little hesitation at 3000rpm..got my car retuned after long tubes and x pipe and it's still there..
been 2 years with this and all is well so i wouldn't worry about it..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back