Adding Satellite radio to factory stereo

Jefe302

Reaction score
Please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum if this isn't ok- I looked around and couldn't find a suitable spot for this post.

I'm trying to kill time waiting for my wheels, and I figure it would be nice to add satellite radio to my car, especially since I already paid through June for the other car I sold recently.

My car is a 2013 LS Boss, and the stereo is totally stock. Would like to have it function through the factory unit. Any advice on where to start?

Local radio is KILLING me.

Jefe302

Reaction score
So far I've only found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-FA...ash=item27fdddb651:g:MN0AAOxyuR5TXsF2&vxp=mtr

Seems pricey, but if this is truly the cost then so be it. More worrisome is that I doubt this comes with any type of install guide. I'm not the most well-versed guy with car audio installs (and the corresponding vehicle disassembly involved with the installation), but with directions I can accomplish anything.

Thoughts?

Marshal

30MM @70/s
Reaction score
I added it to mine with something similar. I'll see if I can find a link. Works great.

Edit:
Looks like the one I got isn't available anymore. Appears the kit you linked is similar.

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I used the iSimple gateway to put bluetooth on my stock unit before I got the raxiom. Less money, and you can use any music app on your phone. I'd have to imagine that the lower price, and if you're on Amazon Prime, their streaming music is actually pretty good.

Jefe302

Reaction score
I used the iSimple gateway to put bluetooth on my stock unit before I got the raxiom. Less money, and you can use any music app on your phone. I'd have to imagine that the lower price, and if you're on Amazon Prime, their streaming music is actually pretty good.

I don't understand what the gateway is accomplishing- I can already play bluetooth audio from the phone to the head unit- it the iSimple allowing you to use your head unit to control it or something?

p.s. 5.bro lol! I am using that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back