adopted a dog...what is it?

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We adopted this puppy, 12 weeks old, weighs in at 13.8lbs. the online calculators say she will weigh around 28lbs when grown. the adoption agency said they thought she is part basset hound/terrier....but i was looking at the shape of her head also. she's very muscular and calm for a little girl, not prone to being hyper at all. great dog so far and i haven't had to clean up after her at all in the house. while she doesn't ask yet to go out to eliminate, she knows what to do when i take her out. first couple of days she was a little finicky with her food, now her appetite has become pretty voracious......i have an idea about what kind of terrier she might be mixed with, but i want others opinions...on to the pics. not that it matters but i'm just curious...oh, she's like my wife, she has a shoe fetish lol...fwiw she doesn't bark like a hound/beagle/basset

84tl.jpg

r67h.jpg

bc3z.jpg

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pit bull or pit mix

that's exactly what i was thinking....i say basset because of her extremely short legs. she's not going to be tall

geez...i hope she isn't trouble. she's about the sweetest thing there is, and is happy to just sleep in my lap all day...

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
His muzzle is too long to be a bulldog. Most modern pit bulls are shortish dogs, especially the bully style. If she is a pit, it will be the best dog you ever had. (Don't worry, when people start fear mongering and tossing statistics around i'll provide you with real info, unbiased or driven by fear in the media and old white ladies.)

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed its the upbringing not the breed
We had a black chow and everyone said they were always aggressive. He was the most lovable dog ever, and protective as hell over me and my brother when we were younger

Either way she looks like a great dog, enjoy

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Looks like American bulldog or pit mix.

That's what mine is and he thinks he is a lap dog. He's between 75 and 80lbs

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
awesome looking pup.
if you really need to know the breed your vet can have a DNA test done.
i did this. was worth the money.
and please make sure you take the little guy for regular check-up with a good vet.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
awesome looking pup.
if you really need to know the breed your vet can have a DNA test done.
i did this. was worth the money.
and please make sure you take the little guy for regular check-up with a good vet.

i don't really need to know what it is, i'm just curious. i was talking about getting a pit a while back and my son objected....saying he would be afraid for his kids to come over (doesn't have any yet)

we went to look at another dog but my wife saw this one and fell completely in love with it, and that was that.

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
i don't really need to know what it is, i'm just curious. i was talking about getting a pit a while back and my son objected....saying he would be afraid for his kids to come over (doesn't have any yet)

we went to look at another dog but my wife saw this one and fell completely in love with it, and that was that.

well thats all that matters, just remember that dog loves you more than he loves himself.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of a pit bull pup of mine, I wish I could find her sitting like your dog is pictured, they have nearly the exact same body shape.
IMG_1205_zps72c6d95b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1251_zps066dda96.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1274_zps900841d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back