adopted a dog...what is it?

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but How old was he when you got him? Was he abused before? Maybe look into taking him to a trainer?

she's a little older than we thought. we found her birthday in the middle of all her paperwork, sept 3. that makes her about 14 or 15 weeks when we got her.

judging by her current weight, i think she'll be only 25-26 lbs or so. i believe it was her mother that was rescued as the date of her birth is known. she was born after her mom was rescued apparently.

going to a trainer is part of the long term plans. she's learning the ropes around our house really quickly and adapting to all the sights and sounds. she's done really well so far as far as house breaking her is concerned. she's only peed in the house a couple times and hasn't pooped inside at all.

she can stay in the kennel all night without having to go to the bathroom, but if you speak to her in the morning before you get her outside she'll happy pee on your feet, so i take her out around 3am or so and then she does fine in the mornings until i can get her outside.

she's very curious and isn't afraid of the vacuum cleaner or the leaf blower. she's awesome so far, just have to keep an eye on her and try to hit her with the squirt bottle if she starts to chew on something she shouldn't.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well we've had her almost 2 months now....she's 5 months and a week old. all the calculators i can find say she will weigh in at only about 26 to 28lbs. i really don't think the has any pit in her any more, not after seeing those in the dogs of s197 picture thread. i think perhaps she's a corgi/lab mix perhaps, or just a mix of a million dogs with not outstanding characteristics from any of them.

3wkd.jpg

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
A true pit isn't a big dog. It is hard to tell though, as a pit has a sort of generic look when they are mixed

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the picture makes her look bigger. the coke bottle laying next to her should give some idea of her actual size. she's pretty small

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
She's cute I'd say a bit corgi with short legs and a bit lab from hair and a bit pit mix in face and head. Here's my pitty girl Cuda only 50lbs all muscle at 4yrs old.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks, she's a lot of fun. a bit of a chewer so far, but i try to keep her occupied with bully sticks and an elk antler. pretty much house broken (except for an occasional happy pee). she hasn't had an accident inside for almost a week i think.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back