Advice on SC or Turbo purchase

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Skip the NOS. What good is power when it is always fleeting? 20 bottle fills later your wallet will ask you why you didn't just buy a blower, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Besides, lots of fun stuff happens when not engaged in a actual race, just driving on the street (like stabbing the gas just to hear the shrieking). It's fun driving by other cars with the windows down and instantly hitting 9 psi with a quick stab. Do it to another performance car and watch them slink off in the rear view.

Last edited:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Skip the NOS. What good is power when it is always fleeting? 20 bottle fills later your wallet will ask you why you didn't just buy a blower, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Besides, lots of fun stuff happens when not at WOT, just driving on the street (like stabbing the gas just to hear the shrieking). It's fun driving by other cars with the windows down and instantly hitting 9 psi with a quick stab. Do it to another performance car and watch them slink off in the rear view.

That was beautiful. . .

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score

Besides, lots of fun stuff happens when not engaged in a actual race, just driving on the street (like stabbing the gas just to hear the shrieking). It's fun driving by other cars with the windows down and instantly hitting 9 psi with a quick stab. Do it to another performance car and watch them slink off in the rear view.
Yeah honestly if you want to dominate the streets just save up for a Turbo or S/C kit. The first time you wanna run a Challenger and your out of spray you will be pissed.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah honestly if you want to dominate the streets just save up for a Turbo or S/C kit. The first time you wanna run a Challenger and your out of spray you will be pissed.
this is true...and that happened to me back in 2002 in my 01 GT...id just run out of laughing gas earlier that day and had some young kid in his dads Vette bust a U to race me...needless to say i got beat down...had i had a full bottle...or BOOST, it wouldve been a much different story

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe but not sure I turn wrenches, don't know tuning but as far as the whole tune with nitrous not affecting dd. I believe it is because the tune once in the computer is going off of different voltages and values of all different sensors (air and fuel etc.). Which in turn adjust everything to work properly. I didn't read the hp you were wanting. With a s/c or turbo, you are going to quickly want more power. Which with either of those options is very easy. Your new short block you might need soon after install, and wanting more power is going to cost you more then your turbo or s/c. An old wise man once told me whatever you do to your car make sure you have atleast double the money, to fix it.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. There's five minutes of my life I can't get back.

"I want a blower but I'm cheap."
"I want a blower but I don't know which one."
"I want nitrous but don't have a clue."
"I still want a blower but I'll settle for nitrous."
"I may not want nitrous."
"I want a blower."
"I'm still too cheap to buy a real blower."
"Wow...that turbo kit is sick! (but I'm still too cheap to buy one)"

If you think $4K is too much money for a complete blower setup you need to sell your Mustang and go buy a fuckin' Honda. Cheapass.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

"I want a blower."

If you think $4K is too much money for a complete blower setup you need to sell your Mustang and go buy a fuckin' Honda. Cheapass.

Wow, you're just an ass. I wouldn't touch your setup just for the cocky smart ass attitude you have.

I was just trying to figure out which way to go when I do get something, nobody said I was going to buy today. Course, if I had have went with the N2O I would have been able to buy it instantly, but it may take a few weeks for the SC, which I have decided I do have to have.

Unfortunately, I have a lot more hobbies in my life than just this car, hell I've got a couple more cars as well I blow money on. Not to mention my family and other obligations.

I'm actually working on getting the funds together right now to buy one in Richmond if all works out in a few weeks. I just needed to hear some input and convince myself I couldn't live without one.

Thanks for all your input guys. (except the dick) I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

"I want a blower."

Nobody said I thought $4k was too much for the setup, just more than I felt I should spend right now. Course, I'll be spending almost that anyway on what I've decided to go with, the difference is nominal.

You must be sweating pretty hard to sell those, to get that offended if someone doesn't want one, lol

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
They're sold, dipshit. Don't seem to recall attempting to push them on you either. You'd probably kill yourself with them.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
They're sold, dipshit. Don't seem to recall attempting to push them on you either. You'd probably kill yourself with them.

Yeah, you're probably right. Sorry, I said they were "sick" I shouldn't have complemented on something so out of my league. I hope you can forgive me oh great one. I should not have asked for advice on a potential future purchase either. That was just stupid of me. I hope your highness will forgive me. I guess it's wrong to try to make in informed decision so I can decide if I wanted to buy a lesser product now, or just wait and buy a better product down the road. Please, send me a list of what is ok to talk about on here so I don't make any more mistakes that take up your precious time.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't get your panties in a twist; SD acts like that with everyone...

Looking at your sig, maybe you should consider some suspension mods while you wait and save money for a decent FI setup? You have lowering springs, but no cooresponding strut/shock setup? No LCAs/UCA? The money spent on FI isn't just restricted to the blower... what good is it if you can't get the power to the ground??? If I were you I would get a shock/strut combo that matches your springs, then get LCAs/UCA and correct your pinion angle (might as well put a one-piece driveshaft on too). Then I would enjoy driving your car (it will be totally planted with NO wheel hop at your power level), and save some cash for whatever FI you finally decide to go with. ALL of these mods will serve you, no matter what you eventually decide.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Don't get your panties in a twist; SD acts like that with everyone...

Looking at your sig, maybe you should consider some suspension mods while you wait and save money for a decent FI setup? You have lowering springs, but no cooresponding strut/shock setup? No LCAs/UCA? The money spent on FI isn't just restricted to the blower... what good is it if you can't get the power to the ground??? If I were you I would get a shock/strut combo that matches your springs, then get LCAs/UCA and correct your pinion angle (might as well put a one-piece driveshaft on too). Then I would enjoy driving your car (it will be totally planted with NO wheel hop at your power level), and save some cash for whatever FI you finally decide to go with. ALL of these mods will serve you, no matter what you eventually decide.

Thanks man, yeah, I already planned on D specs, actually. But since my car has basically no miles on it I was going to wait a bit. It's pretty good right now but I hear after a few miles with the springs I have I'll need some. The LCAs and UCAs will be done at the time of the new shocks and struts, probably next winter is how that's looking so I can tear her down in the garage and DIY it.
I've got mixed feelings about the driveshaft though. I hear a lot of people get vibration, but I hadn't really researched it much.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score

"I want a blower."

SD, your Mustang knowledge is excellent. Your people skills? Not so good. Your advice would be much better received, and you might actually earn some respect, if you weren't so crass with anyone who is simply looking for help and advice.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
SD, your Mustang knowledge is excellent. Your people skills? Not so good. Your advice would be much better received, and you might actually earn some respect, if you weren't so crass with anyone who is simply looking for help and advice.

Well let's review..........
A. Do I strike you as a "people person"?

B. Earn some respect? Seriously? C'mon...do you honestly think I'm here out of some desperate search for respect?

C. Review the thread. He went from blower to nitrous to blower to don't want to spend that kind of money to nitrous to blower to centrifugal to leaf blower to nitrous to insulted in less that two pages. Anyone who honestly believes they can add a forced induction system to their Mustang for less than $3000 needs to seriously step back and re-evaluate their information. By simply using the SEARCH function and cruising the classifieds anyone can get a basic idea of costs, equipment, and power gains from this site.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'm not sweating it. He's obviously got some reason he's like that on here.

Not to jack my own thread, but are the D-specs the best to go with, or are there some non adjustables that would match my rate out there. I just wonder if the specs would be overkill since I don't track the car and if I road race it's just in a stratight line

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Well let's review..........
A. Do I strike you as a "people person"?

B. Earn some respect? Seriously? C'mon...do you honestly think I'm here out of some desperate search for respect?

C. Review the thread. He went from blower to nitrous to blower to don't want to spend that kind of money to nitrous to blower to centrifugal to leaf blower to nitrous to insulted in less that two pages. Anyone who honestly believes they can add a forced induction system to their Mustang for less than $3000 needs to seriously step back and re-evaluate their information. By simply using the SEARCH function and cruising the classifieds anyone can get a basic idea of costs, equipment, and power gains from this site.

Yeah, my opinions changed as I got more info, big deal. That's why I started the thread to get more info so I could decide what I wanted to go with and when.

I did search and found a lot of info and a lot of arguments by dicks like you about what is best, so I wanted a concise answer from a few people that knew what was up and I got it.

Dude, I'm sorry, but you may be smart but you're a total dick and that tells me that you're one of these people that if they weren't good with one thing (like you with cars) that they would have nothing else in the world.

So, you act like you're ruler supreme on here because you have no other life that matters. The only way you can get "respect" is on here with your knowledge cause you're a punk in real life.

There is no need for you to even give your 2 cents in this thread since it's not productive toward the discussion.

You anywhere close to VA? Maybe you'd like to talk about this in person?? Just don't want to wast a lot of space on here arguing about your problems with me since you're so big on not wasting people's time on here.

Last edited:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I just woke up and was a little grumpy. Didn't mean to stoop to that level. I'm going to just be the bigger man and ignore his BS

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back