After market wires near the catalytic converters - What are they?

MrFast

Reaction score
I got the chance to put my "new to me" 2006 GT up on a lift. I found what appears to be some after market wiring on both sides of the trans near the O2 sensors and catalytic converters. Not sure what they are for, but the car was originally from California. See the blue connectors in the picture. Does anyone have a guess?

20231208_123745.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Looks like a hack job IMO. What do they connect to?

MrBhp

Reaction score
Looks like you still have the mid pipe exhaust hangers on the car. If you start to get a rattle you can't find, it could be those things. Ford deleted those, I think starting at the end of the 06 run or the beginning of 07.

MrBhp

Reaction score
What the heck? It looks like another set of wires ran along side the o2 sensor wires. Where do they go to? Blue connectors are to o2 sensor. But that other thing???

MrFast

Reaction score
MrBhp - thanks for the heads up the exhaust hangers.
I attached a pic looking from the other direction below.
Good thing is I have no CEL codes pointing to this set up. This car has been mostly hibernating for the last 10 years after making the trip from California in 2013. I've only had it a week. I may not get a chance to put the car on a lift for a few weeks, but I'll try to track down the wires a bit more then.20231208_123754.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back