Tools I Used:
Ford fuel line discconect tool
8mm(5/16) sockect
Needle nose plyers
Adjustable wrench
Towel(something to soak up gas)
Permatex thred sealer
Elbow grease

First off let the car sit while its off for a bit so theres no pressure in the fuel line. Remove the four little bolts that hold the stock fuel rails(2 on each). Remove the the 2 bolts that hold the fuel pressure sensor to the drivers side fuel rail. Remove the sensor from the fuel rail slowy and no fuel should shoot out it will just sit there.

Gently pull up on the passenger side rail and the injectors and rail will come out together.
fuelrails003.jpg

Place a towel under the fuel rail and remove the injector retaining clips on the fuel rail. I used needle nose plyers and these pulled right off.
Gently remove each injector from the rail one at a time letting excess fuel to drain onto the towel.

fuelrails004.jpg

Do the same for the drivers side fuel rail.
Next remove the fuel line from the drivers side fuel rail using a fuel line disconnect tool. (there is a black retaining clip that just snaps off then you push the tool into the connection and tug on it till it comes apart.)
fuelrails006.jpg

fuelrails005.jpg

I started at the passengers side and worked my way closer to the fuel line connection as i removed the injectors that way less fuel will be in the rails to spill when u do discconect the fuel line.

Comparison shot:
fuelrails007.jpg

Install the injectors on the new passenger side fuel rail(they just push in) make sure you lube all the o-rings with a little motor oil to keep them from tearing.
fuelrails011.jpg

fuelrails008.jpg

Install new passenger side fuel rail, gentley slide the injectors into the intake make sure you get good seats (the green o-rings on the bottom of the fuel rails should not be visible) Then bolt the fuel rail into place reusing the 2 stock bolts.
fuelrails009.jpg

fuelrails010.jpg

Install the injectors on the drivers side fuel rail and reconnect the fuel line (it just pushes into place, you made need to wiggle it a bit to get the spring to lock on, dont forget to put the black retaining clip on too)
fuelrails012.jpg

fuelrails013.jpg

Install the drivers side fuel rail and bolt it down.
fuelrails014.jpg

Put the fuel pressure sensor thing back on the new rail. (Note I installed a UPR fuel gauge adaptor too.) And bolt it down.
fuelrails015.jpg

fuelrails019.jpg

Cleaned up the fuel gauge wires with some stock plastic tubing.
fuelrails020.jpg

Next i installed the cross over line.(note this fuel kit lets you run the line in the fron or back of the fuel rails i chose the back)
I lubed up the connections with oil and slipped the hose on nice and flush. I also use thread sealer on all the threaded connectors.
fuelrails022.jpg

fuelrails024.jpg

fuelrails025.jpg

Check your work and make sure all the injectors are seated and the connections are tight.
CHECK FOR LEAKS!!!!
Just turn your key to the on position and the fuel lines will pressurize check all connection for leaks. Start the car made take a few cranks as the fuel rails are filling. Let it idle. Check for leaks! Rev it a bit check for leaks again lol. I then took it for a 5-10 min drive parked let it idle and looked everywhere for leaks again.

All done!
fuelrails026.jpg

Last edited:

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Is that black braided line (cross over line) the one that came with the kit? What keeps it connected to the rails? I figured the pressure would blow it off of there. Looks cool!

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that black braided line (cross over line) the one that came with the kit? What keeps it connected to the rails? I figured the pressure would blow it off of there. Looks cool!

i run something similar its called press-loc tubing or some shit just grabs hold of the fittings and it's on for good , on a side note my adapter hole for where the stock fuel rail connects is on the side of the rail instead of underneath but are mmr rails also i guess they changed their design ..... one more thing is mine uses o-ring plugs/fittings on the front/rear ports instead of regular an fittings

483ef232.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like they changed the design I'm guessing. It was pain to get that black braided cable on the fittings. I lubed them with motor oil too and it took everything i had to push it all the way on the fitting, and that sucker is on there. I like the look too over the ss braided line.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like these will clear the back of a KB blower either.

Fuck.

It is designed so u can run the crossover line at the front or back of the fuel rails. Also the black braided line is long If you need to route it around stuff. I cut off about 10 inches of the line for my install. Also you can change/turn the rail connectors to what ever angle you want/need to make it work. It does have a bit of versatility.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have an older design kit i think with the fuel line connector coming from the bottom with the elbow is a little snug against the top of one of the cops, not bad though. I'm guessing thats why they changed it to come off the side of the rail rather than the bottom.

Murphdog

Reaction score
Forgive me for a stupid question, but for what reason would I want to upgrade my fuel rails? I just have a daily driver.

Thanks
Murph

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for a stupid question, but for what reason would I want to upgrade my fuel rails? I just have a daily driver.

Thanks
Murph

Looks or for the hell of it basically unless your pushing 750+ you really don't need them .

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
This was a great write-up that I used as reference installing some rails I had powder coated. Thanks for the good info.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of those MMR rails. I think mine were a very early design that doesn't have the connector for the stock supply. I use a Y block and split off to the aft ends of both rails. I mounted my fuel pressure sensor in the front of the drivers side rail and plugged the front of the passenger side rail. It would be very handy if someone would make a rail that would relocate the FRPS specifically for Whipples. Depending on injector length and rail design, there is precious little room under the intake tube. I've considered making an adapter to mate the FRPS to the front of the passenger rail and blanking the port on the driver's side rail but never seem to get around to it.

IMG_0881.jpg

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so, if you let the car sit long enough, you can just take the fuel rails off without spraying the neighbors yard? I've been holding off on installing my 39# injectors and cmdp bcs i thought i needed to depressurize the fuel system by removing the fuse and running the engine till it died. My car has been sitting for about a month while i install my turbo on my few days off.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, usualy over night 1-2 days and the pressure is no longer high enough to spray everywhere.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back