Aftermarket hoods for 2010/2011 GT?

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at different hoods for my 2010 GT.
It doesn't seem like a whole lot of people are offering them just yet.

I really like the vented Saleen hood they have on their 2010 Brenspeed/Saleen race car but I can't find a part number for it on their website. Any idea where/how I can get one and how much they cost?

saleen-logo.jpg

saleen-mustang-hood.jpg

Another nice one is the "Red Butterfly" induction hood they have for the 2010 SMS 460. Nice for show but the novelty might wear off ... besides I expect them to be expensive as all hell. I haven't nailed down a vendor or part number yet, in any case. But they are nice.

2010-sms-460-mustang-front.jpg

Does anyone have any information on these hoods or know of any other aftermarket 2010/2011 hoods out there? Thanks.

Last edited:

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
The red Saleen hood looks like one they made for the 05-09 cars which cost an arm and two legs at around $1200.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
The red Saleen hood looks like one they made for the 05-09 cars which cost an arm and two legs at around $1200.
I suspect the SMS hood cost even more just because it's got their "Red Butterfly" vent that opens up when you press the throttle. From what I understand there's nothing really sophisticated about the gimmick since the vent is just directly cabled to the pedal - I forgot where I read that.

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
the sms hood is shit and so is the company. i had that hood forr 7 months waiting for the flaps and heat extractor vents to arrive and i never recieved them, then sms didnt want to return my money after they aalready picked up the hood so i had to call the BBB and open a law suite to get my money back. FUCK THEM

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
the sms hood is shit and so is the company. i had that hood forr 7 months waiting for the flaps and heat extractor vents to arrive and i never recieved them, then sms didnt want to return my money after they aalready picked up the hood so i had to call the BBB and open a law suite to get my money back. FUCK THEM
geez. I guess I won't be doing business with them at all. I'm glad I'm not "in love" with their stuff.

TRUFIBER has quite a few new items for the new body.
The only trufiber hood I saw for the '10 on their website was their venom hood. It's a little too bulbous for my needs.

Last edited:

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i ordered the venom hood for my car! best purchase ever! to bad it doesnt look to good on the new ones! get the cowl hood!!!!!! i saw one somewhere. check blowbyracing.com

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
the only 2 hoods ive seen so far for the 2010+ are the bbr cowl hood and then trufiber makes the venom hood for 700 or you can get the lightweight version for like 1250

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
^^ thats the only true aftermarket hood i could find besides the basic bbr cowl hood

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
yeah. that's the only "orderable" item I've found so far

I really want this one (below) - Saleen said it would be available but they don't say how, when or where.

saleen-mustang-hood.jpg

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
i emailed saleen today and talked to Tony. The 2010+ saleen hood will sell for $1600+ Shipping, and will be released to aftermarket in about 6 weeks.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
i emailed saleen today and talked to Tony. The 2010+ saleen hood will sell for $1600+ Shipping, and will be released to aftermarket in about 6 weeks.
thanks!!! ... and OW!!!

it's still tempting ...

I emailed them a couple of months ago but never got a reply.

2BlownStangs

forum member
Reaction score
yeah Saleen is kinda hit or miss. I've been dealing with them for years and they are hard to work with sometimes. I never had to go to the BBB, man that must suck. Good luck with the hood though. Last year I bought that SMS Challenger hood from them. I've had no real issues as of yet.

Back