2011 Ford Mustang GT AC High side problem

1JOE

Reaction score
Good afyernoon everyone I have a 2011 Mustang GT the AC has been cold as it should be It started getting warm the other day.. It will go from cold to warm.. I was able to look at it today and my high side is at 400? Can this be my Expansion valve going bad? BTW my low side is 40-50 it was about 80-85 Degrees today? I always try to keep my condenser wash down when I wash my car but it sits in the garage for the most part..

I read when you turn the car off the system should equalize and I tried it and it doesn't..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Billy

Reaction score
Good afyernoon everyone I have a 2011 Mustang GT the AC has been cold as it should be It started getting warm the other day.. It will go from cold to warm.. I was able to look at it today and my high side is at 400? Can this be my Expansion valve going bad? BTW my low side is 40-50 it was about 80-85 Degrees today? I always try to keep my condenser wash down when I wash my car but it sits in the garage for the most part..

I read when you turn the car off the system should equalize and I tried it and it doesn't..

Thanks

Billy
Is you radiator fan turning on with the A/C? It should run continuously when it is on. If your fan is cycling with the compressor your low speed fan resistor is burned out.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks

Billy
An easy way to understand how an expansion valve works is it has a filter in it that changes the Freon from a liquid state to a mist. Imagine a bottle of Windex. Same theory. If there is a defective or clogged vale it can and will create higher than normal High side pressures.

1JOE

Reaction score
Thank you!! Great example!! I will get it swap out this week.. Thanks again!

JC SSP

Reaction score
Once you open the system you should also change the receiver drier (e.g., accumulator) too...

Also, on some Ford the expansion valve is part of "liquid line" its built into the hose. Not sure if the Mustang has it that way, but its not always like GM models which is a small filter (orifice tube).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back