Aftermarket hoods "help needed"

KyleB

Blackjack
Reaction score
Sorry for beating a dead horse, I know this topic has been covered several times, but I need suggestions!

I have a 09 Roush Blackjack, and I have fought with this in my head ever since I got the car. Since blackjacks are rare I wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible, but I can no longer stand the fake hood scoop. What are yall's suggestions on the best looking/quality hoods to go with?

I'm open to heat extractor, cowl, or ram air designs, but it has to be functional and hopefully not to ricey! So what do you think would look best on my car? Pics?

Keep in mind, the car is supercharged, so I would like it keep under the hood cooler as I live in the south and our summer's are crazy!

Thanks
smile.gif

1439.jpg

KyleB

Blackjack
Reaction score
mwall787, how was the quality? I have heard people say trufiber had fitment issues. Also it looks like all the trufiber hoods require hood pins :(

mwall787

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have the hood, I've only seen it once all prepped and painted. Looked nice, but I have no idea how much effort was required to get it to that state (I have also heard the same quality complaints).

I don't know if they require hoodpins (the pictures show them), other hoods on their website that say "all aftermarket hoods require hoodpins" are displayed on the cars without them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back