Air/fuel 2 points lean at cruising

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My previous problem was resolved after I found 2 cracks in the stock intake and replaced it. I had air getting in under vacuum and it was skewing the fuel trims. So, after replacing the intake, and also my primary O2's, I'm now having an issue where my cruising air fuel ratio is hovering around 16.5. I have already disconnected the battery and reloaded my tune hoping that might help. If I disconnect the battery, it takes a while for the air fuel ratio to get up to 16. It will be mostly normal for a few miles, then gradually I will see more 15's then it will switch to 16's. At WOT it's a rock solid 13.4. Any ideas appreciated.

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
I know with my innovate wideband, I have to recalibrate it when I replace the sensor...I actually recalabrate twice a year to be safe. have you done this?

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up with this thread, I recalibrated the sensor and drove the car over 200 miles. For the first 50-100 miles, the air fuel hovered around 15-16, but then after a couple cycles of shutting down and restarting, all is good! Apparently I needed to let the PCM "learn".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back