Air Lift Install - Here we go slow but steady!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick!

I have an MBRP exhaust on order and expect to be able to drop the rear another 3/4" or so over the drag radials once installed.

Looking forward to following your install, good luck with it!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Are you running 3/8" lines or 1/4"?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the digital kit comes with a controller that has 1/4" push to connect fittings to hook it up. you would be choking 3/8" lines if you tried hooking them up. the only place worth using 3/8" lines is between the compressor and tank.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the digital kit comes with a controller that has 1/4" push to connect fittings to hook it up. you would be choking 3/8" lines if you tried hooking them up. the only place worth using 3/8" lines is between the compressor and tank.

Thanks brother! I can't imagine the need for 3/8.

I'm sticking with the 1/4 for now and switching over to -6an hard lines.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i actually considered running 1/4' copper to be different, and since im a plumber it would have been appropriate...

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i actually considered running 1/4' copper to be different, and since im a plumber it would have been appropriate...

The copper is kinda common place now. Looks awesome though!

I am considering red aluminum lines or maybe even painting copper lines.

I wouldn't want some crack head breaking into my trunk just to get the copper lines!

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
You got that right about some crack head getting your lines, heck someone had the nerve to cut the gas lines on our church vans at the church , just to get all the gas out. First time they stole gas by phi fling it, then put locks on the cap, now they just cut the lines to get it. I'd hate to be the one that goes in front of God and tries to explain why they did it...
The copper is kinda common place now. Looks awesome though!

I am considering red aluminum lines or maybe even painting copper lines.

I wouldn't want some crack head breaking into my trunk just to get the copper lines!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone get under my car to siphon gas, or remove whatever they want to steal.

Ain't gonna happen to us with air :p

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
funny thing the other weekend, i was out of town so the car was not in the garage at night. i don't have lug locks so i was kinda worried about my wheels.....then i remembered the airlift! no way your getting this car or wheels if its sitting on its nuts! good theft deterrent!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yup. I can barely stick the tip of my shoe under the rocker panel when aired out, and hell even aired up my low profile jack only barely fits to the k member or pumpkin. It's a lot of short pumps till it can move alot

d05

Reaction score
Scott,

Do you happen to have the photos from your install available on another site? With Photobucket's update, I'm not able to see them on the forum, nor can I find the Airlift installation on your public album. I've done a bunch of research and seen install videos, but it looks like you documented it very thoroughly and I'd like to be able to follow along.

I think I've been inactive on this forum for so long that I can't even send PMs.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Scott,

Do you happen to have the photos from your install available on another site? With Photobucket's update, I'm not able to see them on the forum, nor can I find the Airlift installation on your public album. I've done a bunch of research and seen install videos, but it looks like you documented it very thoroughly and I'd like to be able to follow along.

I think I've been inactive on this forum for so long that I can't even send PMs.

Would not let me PM you.

Unfortunately the vast majority of my pics are on Photobucket. I too was unable to see them but a friend pointed me to a add-on for Chrome that lets me see almost all of the pictures in my posts on S197Forum and other forums. By any chance do you use Chrome as a wed browser? If you do I will search for the add-on link.

d05

Reaction score
I do have Chrome, and a google search for Chrome Photobucket Extension gave me a slew of options to try, the first of which already works. Thanks for the advice! I'm already overjoyed to see this, because I've been trying to figure out how to mount the drain line on the bottom of the tank, with the bulge of the metal from the spare well, but I see you drilled a hole beneath it and just dropped straight down. Genius.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back