Air Lift Install - Here we go slow but steady!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know how I have missed this thread! Awesome write up Scott. The car looks great! And I wish you well with your hip surgery recovery.

All y'all with these sick air ride set ups are gonna make me spend money on the car that I should be spending on home repairs/improvements!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know how I have missed this thread! Awesome write up Scott. The car looks great! And I wish you well with your hip surgery recovery.

All y'all with these sick air ride set ups are gonna make me spend money on the car that I should be spending on home repairs/improvements!

Yeah, I used to get away with that, too, Cam. Then I got married :-/

Thanks Chip, now that the install is almost done (missing one isolator kit for a compressor) the fun will begin.

I hear you about the home repair and improvement. My young bride and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this August. Almost the first thing I had to do when we got married was sell my race car - NHRA G/Gas Boss 302 (the real and original Boss 302 lol) powered 1965 Comet Caliente. For a number of years any disposable income went to housing and kids.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good thing about houses is they dont go anywhere!

They don't and unless you bought a 427 Cobra that you have had in storage in a vacuum since 1965 you could not get a better investment than your house. We were lucky enough to be able to afford a fixer upper in an estate community in 1997, today it is easily worth 3 to 4 times what we paid for it. Now if we can just get two daughters, a son-in-law and a granddaughter to move out then we could downsize the housing, travel and spend more money on my car hobby. Ok, well maybe the granddaughter can stay.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great write up Scott! How are you liking the system so far? Hope that hip is holding up well!

Thanks Jeremy!

As you know the weather is still pretty cold up our neck of the woods. So far I have only had the car out once for a quick run around the block on the heavy overcast day I took the pictures. So I will need to provide an update on ride quality once I have had the car out a few more times. I could not be happier with the quality of the Air Lift kit, everything was excellent and I had absolutely no fitment issues of any kind. I was pleased with myself that my “slow and steady” approach to the install was leak free on all the air line connections. If I had a complaint it would be that the wiring harness for the second compressor was missing the self taping screw to install the relay. Obviously no big deal.

Our first local car show is coming up on May 10th so I need to get the car all cleaned and ready to go. It will be interesting to get feedback on the new parked stance.

The hip is holding up well and getting stronger every day. I am cheating a wee bit on my physiotherapy on weekends but I rationalize it by doing a lot more walking than on a week day.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got out to a local show and shine this evening and took a couple point and shoot pictures. First one is the guy with the new titanium hip and his car.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats Scott! that looks awesome.. glad to see your hip is holding up...
Got out to a local show and shine this evening and took a couple point and shoot pictures. First one is the guy with the new titanium hip and his car.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Currently working on swapping my differential for one shortened 1" per side. With the diff removed I noticed when aired out the differential is contacting the 3” over axle pipes, this is with my bump stops removed.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shortened differential is in. Sharad (UPR) filed me in on a tip. Going from Magnaflow to MBRP exhaust would allow me to drop the rear of the car over the drag radials another 3/4" or so.

Magnaflow top, MBRP bottom.

Current parked stance with the 3" Magnaflow exhaust.

Lee Yoder

Reaction score
That stance looks killer! Do you run the drag radials/15's all the time?

Later,
Lee

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lee!

No not all the time. My car is not a DD and I did use them for a complete summer along with 17x4.5 fronts before I put the Air Lift in. With the Air Lift in and drag radials on I could not air-out the car. I shortened a new differential 1" per side to get to where I am now with the drag radials tucked in.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Incredible write up!

I have my airlift coming soon! I am planning out my build, and this was a very helpful read!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Incredible write up!

I have my airlift coming soon! I am planning out my build, and this was a very helpful read!

Scott really did a fantastic job, I keep reading back to memorize everything he did for whenever the hell I buy my kit lol!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back