UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
chrisHanson.gif

Is it done yet?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Get some Windex or just soap+ water in a spray bottle and check the fittings all around. I can go a week not touching anything and my tank will only lose 2 to 3 psi. Bags are about the same

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Upper shock bolt? What about the airbag? I am a little concerned about the lower bolt that hooks the bag to the axle since you don't thread much of it and it appears loose. I guess it's normal though.

Sorry for getting back to you so late. I got the bottom nut/plate to be really tight. Just keep turning the bag as much as you can. So far no problems with my bag top mounts. My driver's side top shock mount was almost 100% unthreaded. I noticed a clinking noise over bumps and the washer sandwiched between shock rod and the OEM metal washer (the one that presses against the rubber bushing) was free to bounce up and down.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score

Like Wes says, soapy water is great to find leaks on bags/fittings. Be liberal with it. It can also be leaking from the AutoPilot V2 controller box connection.

Might need to unthread the airline to the bag and put more thread sealant on it.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Love the air and the car, I would have just wanted the wheels to "tuck" inside the fenderwells when dropped if it were mine.

Good job on install!:clap:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Check out mine Darren. My front wheels do just tuck in. I'll trim the rear bump stops to tuck the rear slightly

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Love the air and the car, I would have just wanted the wheels to "tuck" inside the fenderwells when dropped if it were mine.

Good job on install!:clap:

Thanks! The fronts will tuck more when I adjust the camber. I'm aiming for 2* in the front. The rear offset is pretty low so they stick out but considering its 315 on a 12" wheel it is not bad. I have a 1/8" spacer on right now I may remove. I took it out on one side and the clearance is pretty good from the sway bar.

Here are better pictures.

IMG_2397_zps2cf35e7c.jpg

IMG_2398_zps6ed80b65.jpg

IMG_2399_zps4f796525.jpg

IMG_2400_zps8baf0009.jpg

Car still needs to be put back together but for the most part the install is done. I'm in love!

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Mmmm fuck all that lol

That's too much work for my liking

LOL... I was literally saying to myself... that was such a good/detailed write-up that it completely convinced me that I want nothing to do with it. LOL Love the airlift.... but I am paying to have it installed.... if I can afford it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back