AM Bullitt wheel owners-where to get Tri-bar/Pony center caps?

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Just put on my AM Bullitt chrome deep dish wheels and want to use some pony center caps. My stock ones on my 18" fan blades will not work. Has anyone found some that will work? Will the ones from the '04 and earlier cars work? They look like they are the right size. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
search under SN "lightblade" he did a write up on a custom set up like you want

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Are you talking about where he cut two different sets of the caps to make one? I read that one. I am looking for a cleaner way to go and think the ones from the '04 and earlier will work. I was just hoping someone had tried these. Thanks for the reply.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Late Model Restoration has them @ 100.00 bucks for a set and Ford dealers sell them.

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Late Model Restoration has them @ 100.00 bucks for a set and Ford dealers sell them.

CJ Pony Parts has 'em too.

I am not sure what each of you are saying. Are you saying the normal stock ones? As stated above, the stock ones will not work. I was wondering what ones someone that has my wheels may have used. If you are not talking about our stock ones, which ones do I order from either of these places? Thanks

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Ford part number is m-1096-k. Its a center cap for 99 to 04 bullet wheels. If you call those companys listed above and explain what you have and they normally stock the Ford center caps. Hope this helps. The hole on your 05 to 09 wheels are I think 2 inch and the hole size on your new wheels should be 2 1/2 inches. A.M or L.M.R. should know what you need.

Last edited:

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Great, thank you. Actually I have already ordered the exact same ones. Thanks again!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck! As far as I know none of the ford emblems will work on americanmuscle/stack racingwheels. Not only is the size different but the mounting tab/ring setup is off too.

Nothing "unclean" here. Worked out perfect.

Image03062011164416.jpg

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck! As far as I know none of the ford emblems will work on americanmuscle/stack racingwheels. Not only is the size different but the mounting tab/ring setup is off too.

Nothing "unclean" here. Worked out perfect.

Image03062011164416.jpg
Wasn't saying that they didn't look "clean" just didn't want to cut eight caps to make four. Yours look good!! Did you try the '04 and earlier caps like posted above? The measuring that I did and the replies I received say these will work. I will find out tomorrow as I will receive them then. I will post once I get them. Thanks

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No I did not try them. The AM wheels have a recess for the tabs. Let us know how it turns out.

In my case I didnt like the stock caps at all so i had no issues taking the dremel to them. lol

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Got my center caps on today. They are factory stock '04 and earlier caps and they fit GREAT!! They fit perfectly flush with the wheel and look just like they were supposed to from the factory. I am really happy with them. Anyone with these same wheels (AM Bullitt deep dish chrome) you can just buy the factory center caps for the '04 and earlier Mustangs and you will be good. Yeah!!! Here is a couple of pics.
DSC03842.jpg

DSC03839.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back