Am I reading this right? O_o

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at the new Mustangs for SEMA and I cam across this one from Bisimoto Engineering. It looks like they partnered with Ford for this one since it is the only one that has the Blue oval in its picture but am I really reading this right?

ford-mustang-ecoboost-by-bisimoto.jpg

Bisimoto engineering didn’t just crank up the power of the 310-hp, 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbo-four. They nearly tripled it for their high-octane, 900-hp BisiBoost Mustang EcoBoost for SEMA (above), including 14 new engine and chassis parts designed in-house.

The 900-hp four-cylinder turbo gets its muscle from a host of serious upgrades. Bisimoto added AEM electronics like a new ECU with boost controller, flex fuel sensor, and fuel pressure regulator; forged billet pistons; Five O Motorsport fuel injectors; Golden Eagle cylinder sleeves, fuel rail, and air intake; MagnaFuel fuel pump; NGK Iridium spark plugs; custom head work; a Turbonetics turbo with an internal wastegate and blow-off valve; a Spearco intercooler, and more. Bisimoto’s own design team built a Web Level 2.4 camshaft, custom exhaust, 360-degree oil cap, steel rods, intake heat shielding gasket, and more.

To handle all the extra grunt is a big BuddyClub four-piston brake kit, KW INOX V3 coilover suspension, Progress Technology performance sway bar set, 19-inch wheels, and Toyo R888 tires. Inside is a full Watson Racing roll cage, data logger, Momo racing seats, and Gulstrand Engineering racing harness. The exterior gets a custom body from Airdesign USA, along with a vinyl and powder-coat paint for a blacked-out look.

900HP out of the Ecoboost?! Even if they have everything else all squared away I remember everyone saying that the injectors were the problem in making some big HP out of the Ecoboost motors. Unless that is I am missing something in the description.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the list says they put in different injectors

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone had made injectors to facilitate the bigger power jump. I believe it was Jason (Department of Boost) who was saying that no one really made injectors for the Ecoboost motors and the ones that they did make were only good to something like 600HP or so. I guess I was wrong.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would bet it is not DI anymore.

ponygrrl

Official Vendor
Reaction score
There are fuel "injector mods" coming out for the Ecoboost (we sell a Fuel Bar setup from cp-E for them: Click Here)

Looks like this car is setup with something similar for the injectors (and obviously much more done besides that lol):

Ford has announced that it will have several customized Mustangs in its booth at SEMA and one of them is a very impressive EcoBoost four cylinder machine. This Mustang is built by Bisimoto Engineering and started life as a basic 2.3L EcoBoost car. Bisimoto designed 14 new parts for the EcoBoost Mustang just for SEMA.

Modifications to the powertrain include AEM electronics including an Infinity 6 ECU, boost controller, flex fuel sensor, and fuel pressure regulator. The engine internals where changed for more strength with Arias Pistons 9:1 hi-tensile forged billet pistons, ARP head and main studs, wheel studs, and bolts.

Bisimoto used its own Web Level 2.4 cam, 360-degree oil cap, custom exhaust, and steel rods along with reservoir shocks. The car uses Five O Motorsports 220cc fuel injectors and special Golden Eagle Manufacturing cylinder sleeves, fuel rail, and air intake.

The turbo was upgraded in the car with a Turbonetics BTX7668 turbo with internal wastegate and Godzilla blow off valve. An updated clutch and lots of other parts went into the build. The car appears set up for road racing with a full cage and a big wing on the back for aero along with a front splitter. The car also has big brakes and lots more.

http://www.slashgear.com/bisimoto-engineering-ecoboost-mustang-heads-to-sema-with-900hp-23411239/

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bout damn time! I wouldn't want one but they sure are pretty fucking impressive.

Ditto. I enjoy seeig the potential, but can't get behind the idea of owning one....ever.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
900 at the crank? That's not too hard to believe. Probably has a powerband like a light switch though. I wonder if they're running port injection on top of the DI or if they killed the DI all together.

Probably makes 60psi!:head3:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
900 at the crank? That's not too hard to believe. Probably has a powerband like a light switch though. I wonder if they're running port injection on top of the DI or if they killed the DI all together.

Probably makes 60psi!:head3:

Shit, I thought it was at the wheels! Still fairly impressive in my opinion, that would be something like what, high 7's at the wheels?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Shit, I thought it was at the wheels! Still fairly impressive in my opinion, that would be something like what, high 7's at the wheels?

I'm guessing crank. I assume every HP number not followed by "rw" is fantasy crank stuff.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
according to local maths, 900 whp is about 2500 crank hp correct?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back