Another Spark Plug

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
NGK used to be the ONLY plug I used. I don't have any recent (last 10 years) experiance. I used to have a race team with 7 gen 1 RX-7's. NGK was the only plug that would take the heat and abuse of 9000 RPMs! Instead of replacing them every race, I would would use them for a full event (still did a visual every run).

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Based on the picture and the price for a set of 8, I don't think those are the right plugs for the 3v.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
According to the NGK application guide on their website they do NOT make a plug for the 3V engines. V6 only.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
dam i wish they would step up
It isn't a matter of stepping up it is a matter of patents on the 3v designed spark plugs. What I want to know is why a conventional designed spark plug with the thread size for the 3v heads wouldn't work?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I'm sure it will. The question is how well it will work and what will the impact be on the COP's.

Plugs have a specific resistance. If the resistance of a non-approved plug is outside the range needed for the car, the COPs could break or the plug could not fire correctly, etc...

Spark pattern makes a diff on how well the fuel burns too.

matt texass

Reaction score
I'm sure it will. The question is how well it will work and what will the impact be on the COP's.

Plugs have a specific resistance. If the resistance of a non-approved plug is outside the range needed for the car, the COPs could break or the plug could not fire correctly, etc...

Spark pattern makes a diff on how well the fuel burns too.

i have a nagging feeling that while working at sloriellys I looked at the part # for the cop from motorcraft and they were the same for the 2v and the 3v. but hey its just a feeling and I could be wrong

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back