Reaction score
List of mods:

Roush 2.3 TVS kit, dealer installed.
Vmp 79 mm pulley
Vmp BAP
x pipe
BMR Lca's and Uca
VMP Tune by Justin S.

Car went back to back 10.8x. Best mph was 127.

This was a pump gas tune and on nitto drag radials. I think the car has more in it with a taller tire.

Can't say enough about VMP. Great customer support and great tune.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Nice work. Great time especially with Nittos. Any idea how much the car weighs?

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Are you shifting into 4th before the 1/4? Just wondering why you think it has more with a taller tire?

badnews

Reaction score
This is one of the first TVS kits, Roush made for an auto car, back in late 2011. It started with a 90 mm pulley. Of course that, is gone.

The car is a base GT, cloth interior, etc. I am 225 lbs. I'm guessing the car is around 3650-3700 pounds with me in it. I have only removed the spare for weight reduction.

The car did go into fourth right before the traps, so that is why I think a taller tire will help.

See video: http://www.jacquelinevphotography.com/momstang/h2579654d#h2579654d

Yes, I did a John Force burn out, and had the Nitto's @ 16 psi, to get them to hook, which they did. The car went 1.62 on them, and I think I could have gone a 1.5x on them.

badnews

Reaction score
Congrats!

I LOVE simple set ups!

I wanted to go 69 mm, idm 1000, etc...

Justin talked me out of it and I appreciate his honesty verse just selling me the parts I wanted.

The car is a daily driver, gets around 20-21 mpg combined, and has perfect street manners and should be very reliable at the power level its at.

I drove it 115 miles one way, made the hits, and drove it home. All I did was air down the tires and make a blast.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I hope to add a TVS along with a oil pump gears, driveshaft, and bmr uca and mount to the current mods real soon. I'd love to be able to run some 10's on a safe tune with the stock motor.

REDS197

Reaction score
I hope to add a TVS along with a oil pump gears, driveshaft, and bmr uca and mount to the current mods real soon. I'd love to be able to run some 10's on a safe tune with the stock motor.

Piece of cake Jay. You will make mid 10's on stock motor look easy. Especially with suspension!

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
List of mods:

Roush 2.3 TVS kit, dealer installed.
Vmp 79 mm pulley
Vmp BAP
x pipe
BMR Lca's and Uca
VMP Tune by Justin S.

Car went back to back 10.8x. Best mph was 127.

This was a pump gas tune and on nitto drag radials. I think the car has more in it with a taller tire.

Can't say enough about VMP. Great customer support and great tune.

Yup. All that is stock. Car made 530/519. ~9 psi.
that car is cooking consider the power is making and what you have into it. well done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back