Built thread: Saving a GT500

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
What are you going to have into this ride all told? Fantastic car for the money.

love bob marley. island music is all i listen to down here

that depends on who you ask. I fixed up a harley and rolled the profits into this. I don't count that money, but the bean counter (wife) does. so I'd tell you it's 17k. she says 23k. either way I'm happy with it.

the wheels and tires were a large, unnecessary purchase. everything else has been used/sale deals and worked out well.

Mike

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought my car new, which is why I have to drive it until they outlaw driving. Nice work.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Been taking a break from the car and catching up on family time. Today I spent more time than expecting prepping the grilles and hood vent for paint. That honey comb design was a pain. Also installed the BMR relocation brackets and control arms. Hardware was missing some stuff, but I had the right bolts on hand luckily. Enjoyed the break and am ready to wrap this thing up, pun intended

Mike

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make sure you grease those bushings! Go to Advance Auto Parts and get the synthetic marine grease and a grease gun. The stuff is absolutely disgusting, but it's waterproof and lasts forever.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip

Got the AFCO heat exchanger installed. Great piece. Came with everything needed and good instructions. Definitely recommend.

Mike

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
is that aftermarket fabric loom on the wiring harness?

Is that aftermarket weld on the frame?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Huh, all of my loom is plastic and I have bare wires going into that box.

That weld probably just looks funny because you have it painted, maybe there's filler there as well or something. Was wondering if it was related to the crash damage the car originally had.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
The rest is plastic but that area has about 8" of the cloth loom

There's dirty water on it in that pic. Just looks weird

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
painted the hood vent and grilles. couldn't be happier. going to paint the rockers and cowl panel next. no more dull plastic

Mike

frostydudes

Reaction score
Absolutely loving this thread man. I made this account a few weeks back just to follow and bookmark this thread. Keep up the awesome work man! Looking forward to future updates!

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Thanks man! Car is on the road and getting some action in Mexico this weekend. Hopefully the wall isn't complete yet...

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Great progress man....subscribed.

thanks! car is really coming together. all that's left is the appearance. it's 100% with engine and suspension. will be driving it as is for a while and then wrapping it.

Mike

Last edited:

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Well if your going to wrap it...

qEab5Ie.jpg

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You've just painted all the hard stuff. Why not just paint the body? Why wrap it? Not criticizing, just curious.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
It is getting painted. These need assembled to make it easier to wet sand and buff

Mike

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back