Built thread: Saving a GT500

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Sprayed the PPG, ford crystal white base color. It'll really pop with the clear on there. Cell phone pic sucks, but you get the point. Will clear it next weekend and start assembling the top end of the motor. Can't wait to get the blower and valve covers sitting on there

Mike

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
just a reminder. for proper adhesion.
if you spray base coat and don't clear coat in 24 hours. you will have to lightly scuff the base and spray at least 1 more coat of base coat then clear.

if you don't do this the clear won't bond with the base coat properly and can delaminate in the future.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
just a reminder. for proper adhesion.
if you spray base coat and don't clear coat in 24 hours. you will have to lightly scuff the base and spray at least 1 more coat of base coat then clear.

if you don't do this the clear won't bond with the base coat properly and can delaminate in the future.

Good info. Thanks

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Family in town again, so I haven't touched the car much. Cleared the engine bay and set some stuff on it to see how it'll all look. Motivation. Sun was going down, so the pics suck. Will take another in the morning.

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Very productive day. Got the Lethal H pipe installed, radiator, engine harness, brakes bled, power steering lines, clearanced the crank sensor for the ATI 10% lower, etc

Hope to load the tune and start it tomorrow or Sunday

Mike

RoushStage2

Reaction score
Nice job. Looking good! Bring that beauty back to true form. Great thread...

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Thanks. It was awesome to hear it run. Good motivation to finish it the right way and not take shortcuts. It's stupid loud. Video does no justice

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Spent the day cleaning the car and organizing stuff. I had also painted the fuel rails black, but never took a pic. The wiring harness is now driving me crazy since I didn't re-loom it for a tighter fit. I'll save it for another day though. Not a big priority

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Thanks. I painted the engine bay and underside of the hood. Will also paint the door jambs and trunk area. Basically jamming the car out. But wrapping the body in vinyl. Don't have sufficient space to paint it. Will do that after we leave Hawaii

Mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back