Any 2005-2009 iPad Mounting Kits?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of putting an iPad in my dash on my 2009 but have yet to see an available kit. I have both an iPad and a iPad Mini to utilize.

Does anyone have the no-how of making one of these or someone who has put out a kit? I'm looking for something "quality" not a tacky job.

Thanks

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Cam, check out Metra... they have all kinds of things to do custom installs.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Is there room for a full sized ipad without getting rid of the HVAC controls?

It would definitely be a cool addition.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
If you used a tablet that runs windows, you could also use it for the SCT datalogger.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Here is an iPad with the HVAC but he did a hack job and he doesn't have any dash buttons any more.

I need a factory look, so an iPad mini would would be the best bet if someone could custom fab something up.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just came across SoundManCA.com and they have the iPad holder I'm looking for but I need it installed into the radio bezel... and I have no understanding of bonding the two together.

Also, I would need to figure out how to control the speakers with the iPad - since it would be working as the primary HU.

http://www.soundmanca.com/

If you used a tablet that runs windows, you could also use it for the SCT datalogger.

Not a bad idea either, but the iPad is really simple looking and I already own it lol

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I hate how DIN spacers look. Lol

I just want a nice flush looking system and I can take it out if I want.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Found a local shop that has done this before on a couple other vehicles... just contacted them to see what they could do.

Yeah I keep seeing this and as much as I like it - I want to keep the msg center buttons and the hazards/tcs/airbag + powerpoint.

With all your other crazy mod's, can't wait to see where you take this

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if I'll get this project off the ground. I know custom bezels and audio stuff is expensive so it's not a "must have" but I'll go ahead and check it out.

Biggest thing for me is providing a factory-look and high functionality... so if it can't be done then I'll be fine with my Shaker 500 lol

wicked stang

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know if you are still interested in having this done. I have done tablets in several cars, I usually do nexus 7 tablets but can do ipads as well. I am currently having tablet pans 3d printed for nexus tablets and more tablets soon but I can get soundman ipad pans for a good deal and can use one of those if you want an ipad dash. Ford audio you will need a 4 channel amplifier.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Let me know if you are still interested in having this done. I have done tablets in several cars, I usually do nexus 7 tablets but can do ipads as well. I am currently having tablet pans 3d printed for nexus tablets and more tablets soon but I can get soundman ipad pans for a good deal and can use one of those if you want an ipad dash. Ford audio you will need a 4 channel amplifier.

I'm interested in this as well. Can we see some pics of your work?

wicked stang

forum member
Reaction score
I will have my new setup done in my car shortly, my old setup was decent but don't have any good pics and the new stuff I'm doing is much nicer anyways. I am now having the tablet pans 3d printed.

Here is a setup I did for a wrx, just finished two of these that are the exact same. This install has wireless charging and wireless digital audio. I will post installed pics shortly but here is the dash bezel for now:

http://youtu.be/JMQ9WsyOcvs?list=UUsVq7QLAuQU4lrOiq-G5s7w

Last edited:

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
8adf230596fca2f6c18c423fb43fc1f0.jpg

eb2de5deebebf232b0b78115a4438b66.jpg

c4470f0e03ea2966eb452aacaede91f2.jpg

064b115758ba16087096b8238ebbea65.jpg

I started on a custom mount for an iPad mini that will go over radio and upper buttons. By putting neo magnets in the mount and behind the dash panel it will go on and off without being permanent. I need to finish up details on it and get a gt500 wheel with radio controls. When/if it comes out successful I will post a DIY on the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back