Any ham radio guys????

luckyone

Reaction score
I used to love messing with you guys when I drove a truck over the road. I had a galaxy 99 with a variable texas star 667 watt linear amp. I never had my official numbers...but i would talk coast to coast when parked at the truck stops at night.

chitownstangguy

Reaction score
Looking to start studying for my license later this week. May try to take test at a local meet on Sunday that takes walk-ins.

I have always been interested, but just haven't taken the next step, getting my license.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
it may just be a generational thing but i do not understand the use for a ham radio. im 19 so i have alwase had a cellphone and internet.

also is a ham radio just a CB radio but with more aps so it can go further.

and why do you have to get a lissence.

im not going to try to knock yall just wondering what its all about.

PS if there is ever a zombie apocalypse i know who will still be talking on the forum so we can keep up to date on s197's when every thing else goes down.

brett2008

forum member
Reaction score
The younger gen has all the tools we didnt have when we were young...cell phones,computers,internet...CB and AMATUER RADIO are like nite and day...Read up on it and youll see what we mean...Ham radio license is something you have to learn/earn to get..KC2BQN ....

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
brett2008 said:
The younger gen has all the tools we didnt have when we were young...cell phones,computers,internet...CB and AMATUER RADIO are like nite and day...Read up on it and youll see what we mean...Ham radio license is something you have to learn/earn to get..KC2BQN ....

Yah it is nice but some times it is nice to kick it old school

What exactly do you do with it besides talk to random ppl from far away.

brett2008

forum member
Reaction score
Yah it is nice but some times it is nice to kick it old school

What exactly do you do with it besides talk to random ppl from far away.
You can experiment w/diff antennas,you can intergrate a computer w/radio..The handheld radios vhf is fun when your on the go, hiking,boating, at the racetrack...yes it is a dying hobby im not gonna lie..Itsa nice winter hobby for me..Im not as active in the summer, of coarse because its car/racing/nice weather out...but i always have my handheld in the car w/me..my brother has been a ham for 35+yrs...

30mag

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I'm 19 and trying to install a CB antenna without drilling holes.
:S

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
LOL... now that is a cake walk. Just tell me it not going in the Mustang! LOL

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
There ya go. 2 metter / 440, w/5 watts in the palm of my hand. With all the repeaters around here, that's all I need in the Mustang.

Back