Any movie buffs or movie goers?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw Godzilla yesterday and I have to say I was let down. Too slow and not enough monster.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Nrighbors was awesome. Wife and I loved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Saw X-Men on Saturday, it was pretty good actually. I actually liked First Class as well.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Xmen days of future past had a pretty interesting storyline. I'm a fan on the films and really enjoyed it on IMAX

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw Edge of Tomorrow on Imax yesterday. It was surprisingly good. I liked it a lot.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I have heard from lot of reviews and word of mouth that Edge of tomorrow was really good. I may have to go check it out, I thought the trailers made it look horrible and not a fan of tom cruise. BUT havent really heard anyone say its bad

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard from lot of reviews and word of mouth that Edge of tomorrow was really good. I may have to go check it out, I thought the trailers made it look horrible and not a fan of tom cruise. BUT havent really heard anyone say its bad

I liked it because its not the typical Cruise movie. He knows nothing as is considered a deserter at the beginning, the exact opposite of his usual "bad ass" portrayal in most of his movies.

Also just as the story is starting to get to repetitive, it takes an unexpected turn, which i liked.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw Godzilla yesterday and I have to say I was let down. Too slow and not enough monster.

I finally got to see Godzilla and I was also let down. Not enough Godzilla and too much of the other monsters, the Muto's. I also thought the whole premise of the Muto's was really lame. What was up with Bryan Cranston only being in the very beginning? Why cast a good actor like Ken Watanabe and then give him little to do? The special effects were good but I was really disappointed in the overall movie.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Edge of Tomorrow is on my list to see.

My wife and I watched X-Men: Days of Future Past Saturday night. It was fantastic. An awesome blending of the two movie canons.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I finally got to see Godzilla and I was also let down. Not enough Godzilla and too much of the other monsters, the Muto's. I also thought the whole premise of the Muto's was really lame. What was up with Bryan Cranston only being in the very beginning? Why cast a good actor like Ken Watanabe and then give him little to do? The special effects were good but I was really disappointed in the overall movie.

SPOILERS!

maybe I was the only one who picked up on it, but I knew cranston was going to bite the dust. Thought he would have made it back to San Fran, but something just gave me the vibe he wasn't going to be in it much. as far as Godzilla's screen time, I agree more would have been epic. But I did like how they took a similar approach that spielberg took with Jaws, tease a bit then finally at the end make the pay off worth it. And yeah Ken Watanabe could have had a lot more to do in the movie, he did spend alot of time just staring at things.

I liked it because its not the typical Cruise movie. He knows nothing as is considered a deserter at the beginning, the exact opposite of his usual "bad ass" portrayal in most of his movies.

Also just as the story is starting to get to repetitive, it takes an unexpected turn, which i liked.

Interesting. I will probably still wait for netflix or redbox tho.

I still don't know why Tom cruise is often portrayed as a bad ass in his movies. the worst example I can think of is jack reacher. While I have to admit I did enjoy jack reacher as a way to kill some time, tom cruise was probably the worst actor to take on the role of reacher. If you have read the books, reacher is like 6'5"

Last edited:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am undecided on if I thought Godzilla was good or not. When he first appeared in the movie and let out that roar, and he had this pissed off look in his face, I was like, oh ya, its on. I wanted more footage of him though. The underwater swimming was pretty good. I want to see it again at home on my big screen. I think it might be a little better second time around..

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Godzilla was ok but not in my top 100. They had the volume turned up quite a bit when I saw it and his "roars" were starting to give me a headache.

Anyone's seen Seth's new western? Wonder if that's any good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back