any other socal tuners recommended besides ret

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
So I finally get to get the hell off of Guam... I will be at Vandenberg AFB from mid June till first of October so i will be in socal for 3 months before going to colorado and im just trying to get feedback on who you guys use down there...

all i have seen is greg at ret and adam at st...

I had planned on going to Florida and having Chris at BBR tune the car or going to Georgia and having Eric Brooks do it but since I will be on the other side of the country that won't be possible... I have talked to a few folks and they have recommended Greg at RET... I will be picking up the car in LA so it should be easy to get to his shop... If anyone else has any suggestions for a GREAT tuner I would appreciate it... AND, since I won't have my tools with me I won't be able to install cams myself so I will be paying a shop to install my cams... I prefer to do this myself but that won't be possible given the circumstances...

if no one else has a recommendation can you guys give feedback on ret?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sounds like you have the names of the two most respected guys in the S197 world...

if it aint broke... dont fix it..... :2cents:

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
sounds like you have the names of the two most respected guys in the S197 world...

if it aint broke... dont fix it..... :2cents:

thats what i figured but i like to know all that i can before i "jump in"

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Adam @ ST motorsports, though getting in touch with him might be ... uhmm .... interesting lol

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Believe me, in the last 5 years, I've dealt with just about every tuner and shop out here in one form or another and I would not even think about anyone other than either of those two (Greg or adam).

No one else is even in the realm of those 2 guys and they are pretty much it out here. Personally, if you are staying in LA, then Greg makes the most sense cause San Bernardino is a haul for you.

I think this is the good and the bad...

I think they both can do the job good but Adam has more experience with your mods and is better suited for a KB set-up than anyone bar none, but if time and communication are of the issue, RET is superior with turn around times and communication.

Last edited:

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
thanks for the info...

exactly how hard is it to get work out of adam? lol

dubba07

Reaction score
Adam @ ST is great. Hard to get ahold of though. Been needing a gauge replaced for a while now and I can't get him to return my emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
I get all my work done with Adam. Honestly, it was easier to get a hold of him than Greg. I would stay away from the emails either way and just get them on the phone.

Adam does have KBs everywhere as well and he does great work!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back