Anybody got pics of the underbody?

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
where under are you looking for? anything special? ha, beat me to the quest flap. i`m out of attachment space so i cant do random pics :)

Last edited:

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
actually looking for the freaking oil drain plug believe it or not. I know exactly where it is on my 08 GT and changed the oil on that thing, but this is for my dad's v6 and just cant find it like on my GT.

Here is a picture of an 05 V6 I found quickly through an americanmuscle video. is that silver pan in the back with the bolt facing straight down the oil pan or the transmission oil pan?

drain.JPG

BECAUSE below is the how it looks from the GT standpoint.. clear cut and everything, so im basically looking on my dad's car for a black pan, not a silver one.

DSC06590.jpg

Last edited:

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
Wow. I actually went through all my pictures from the V6 days and can't find a single picture of the drain pan. Sorry!

thanks though, but can you say that it ISNT the one in the first picture though?

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Wow. I actually went through all my pictures from the V6 days and can't find a single picture of the drain pan. Sorry!
marcy thinks i`m nuts, i was just laying in the driveway in the dark snapping shots reaching under the car, but i missed it on all the pics.

its on the drivers side, at the rear of the pan, and its a 13mm bolt and has a washer made onto the bolt head.

Last edited:

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
"wheew" glad I didnt unbolt that one then! well, ill tackle it again tomorrow and see where I am at. At least It is on the drivers side I know where I am looking. Maybe if I took off the front wheel it will be easier.

If you are able to get pics in the morning by any chance amustangrocks, Id REALLY appreciate it for a more direct confirmation, but I will go out with a 13 mm socket and see what I can find.

Glad to know it is black too!!

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
IIRC correctly it is also towards the back of the oil pan

Like this you mean on the back, not directly facing down like the one in the first picture in my original post???

Again... GT oil pan

DSC06592.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
this is what i got

just for reference that is the K-member

And this is on a 2009 V6

Attachments

• IMAG0888.jpg
    IMAG0888.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 34

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
this is what i got

just for reference that is the K-member

And this is on a 2009 V6

Awesome, so that bolt is facing TOWARDS the front of the engine, unlike the back of the engine like the GT.

Because you are taking that pic from the driver side view correct?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Well on mine it is actually facing the side fo the car and it was on the passenger side.

I drew some arrows on the picture to show what I was talking about

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
k thanks. I'll see what it looks like in the morning =)

Will let you guys know how it all panned out (pun intended) ;)

RunnerInTheNight

forum member
Reaction score
My 05 had the plug on the passenger side of the Silver pan. I found it by looking at the bolts around it and noticed it was the only one that had any marks on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back