Anyone done brake ducts with a 11-12 GT front bumper?

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the standard, non-California Special lower fascia. I am on a budget and was wondering if anyone has jerry-rigged some ducts wiht the standard fascia? If so, please post up some pics. Thanks!

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen it done.....but.....the boss/CS fascia is 200 bucks?

If I see the car with the ducted regular fascia at nasa this weekend I'll take a picture for you

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! I like my current fascia and I'd rather put that money towards something else. Also it adds aero points if I ever decide to go TT.

Last edited:

jcodestang

forum member
Reaction score
I wanted to do the same thing and I had to come up with something of my own.

I'll take a pic when I get out of work. I used a jlt kit 2.5" for the hose and backing plate. (I know everyone wants bigger but it was right for my budget) and used some modified header collectors for up front in the facia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcodestang

forum member
Reaction score
So i bought the JLT kit for a gt500 with the Brembo brakes that did not come with the front bezels. It came with the backing plate, hoses, zip ties, and hose clamps

I ordered these header reducers Amazon.com: Spectre Performance (4641) 3" Header Reducer Gasket with Bolts: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416RSgkiQLL.@@AMEPARAM@@416RSgkiQLL
and i got this 2-1/2" rubber hose from the hardware store i think.

I bent the outside of the header collector to an oval shape using my vise till i could get it to fit into the facia while trying to keep the other side a circle.

I then cut the front facia using a sharp razor knife testing the fit as I went. I inserted the header reducer from the front I trimmed down the rubber hose so it was about an inch and used that from the back to hold the reducer in place. Then i just attached the hose from the kit!

I wish I took a little more time with the fit in the front but I had a track weekend coming up and wanted to get it done. It looks a little messy up real close, but from 5 feet it looks good.

I don't have any data to see how good it actually cools. But it is still good after 2 track days and about a year of street driving.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That actually looks like it worked out pretty dang good!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back