Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

BOBS197

forum member
Reaction score
My 05 is going in this week for the airbag recall, I never let anyone work on my car but I guess it has to be done.:igiveup:
I told the service adviser NOT to flash my car because of tune I was told no problem. Has anyone had any problems after this airbag fix? Anything to be on the lookout for before it goes under the knife? Thanks for any info :2cents:

BOBS197

forum member
Reaction score
Took mine in a few months ago. No worries at all. Its a 15-20 minute job if that and nothing to do with a tune or calibration.

Thanks that`s good to hear! Nice Stang 10.7 That has to feel GOOD!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
There's an airbag recall?

Edit: there is! I wonder if Ford has my address anymore.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I was concerned about this same thing. I need to have mine done soon, but don't really trust others to work on it.

Sent from iPhone

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had mine done in January and like Ray says, piece of cake. They will not touch anything else on the car so don't worry about your tune. I was in and out in 20 minutes.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
Had mine done 2 weeks ago never got a recall but ran my Vin. on https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ and it was on the recall list. Crazy have a bar and a 5 Pt. harness but yet the Air Bag might have killed me. Have had no problems after the new Air Bag was installed took 45 minuets from the time I pulled in the dealers lot till time I left.

BOBS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info sounds good ready to get it done! Thanks

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
I checked my one when I first heard about it and so far it seems to be good - just as well really as the furd dealers over here ain't about to do anything with this (grey import and so 'not their problem :Shit Eater:)

32V Stang

Reaction score
they take the airbag out, take the ignitor off the the airbag and replace it with a new one. than they reinstall it, pretty simple.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine done last week. The dealership told me it would take several hours and had to leave the car with them for the day. Ohio dealers are not efficient either. My car is very modified, no worries about the tune as they only did the airbag recall.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine done last week. The dealership told me it would take several hours and had to leave the car with them for the day. Ohio dealers are not efficient either. My car is very modified, no worries about the tune as they only did the airbag recall.

They just wanted to take your car for a joy ride.... :Big Laugh:

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I want to than Ford for alerting me to this issue...NOT! Had I not stumbled on to this thread, I would happily be ignorant of this recall. When I heard about this problem on the news, they had put up the 'safecar.gov site up to check which I did and my car came up negative. I also check the Ford site at the time again, negative. This was just last week or so. Today I used the Ford link put up here and there it is, my vin is listed. Now, I have to make an appointment to have the work done. Thanks for the heads up, guys. Ford, thanks for nothing. Ass hats!:321:

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
It isn't entirely Ford's fault. Takata, for a while, denied that the knew about the defect, and then eventually admitted to it. Now they are still "compiling a list," for the manufacturers, that still isn't finalized.

When I checked my VIN yesterday, I had no recalls. Now I have an airbag recall. I guess the 05-08 MY range is now 05-14.

I'll have them do mine while I get the front hubs replaced I guess.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back